Blue helmets on US boarders ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue helmets on US boarders ??????

The Mexican government has asked the United Nations to send UN troops to patrol all the border crossing areas leading from Mexico into Texas Arizona and California, USA, if the United Nation complies the citizens of the above states may soon see blue-helmeted UN soldiers patrolling near their areas.

Discuss

Look see I got the link from the Lefty news source too ;)
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

if the govt of mexico is asking for UN assistance and the UN complies, then I don't see the big issue here? More mountains out of molehills sleeve?

oh and it's borders, not boarders ;)
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

NO not mountians just saying discuss

and why not ask for the us for help????? we help every other country in the world.

I thought Nepaltioano or what ever her name is said that the boarder was secure and that no additional security force was necessary????

And do we really want foreign forces on our boarders other than Mexican and Canadian?????
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        NO not mountians just saying discuss

and why not ask for the us for help????? we help every other country in the world.

I thought Nepaltioano or what ever her name is said that the boarder was secure and that no additional security force was necessary????

And do we really want foreign forces on our boarders other than Mexican and Canadian?????
        Are you drunk?
        Also, what is so bad about having peace loving Dutch soldiers and the like doing a job that I don't trust Mexican police and soldiers to do?
        "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

How am I drunk

ASK US for the needed help, I think we can provide the needed aid dont you??? You dont trust the US military MPs either???? Why go to the UN??????

and yes I am aware that there are UN personnel stationed here in various places in the US.

William Pitt-

Comment

I was just wondering due to spelling, not your argument.

But look at it from a Mexican point of view, would you rather have US troops on your side of the border or relatively unbiased UN soldiers? Also, I sure as hell do not want US troops/cops getting shot at by any more Cartel thugs than they already are.

Why deploy US troops to yet another locale? Why not have less government intervention?

Comment

well I dont spell great oh well you get the point.

We have a vested interest in a stable secure, southern boarder and northern Mexico as much as the mexicans. We are not talking about a huge deployment here either. We have become the worlds police man and we cant take care of business in our own back yard ?????????????

Thats like your wife having the local plumber come in and fix the leaky sink and service her while hes there, because you are to busy fixing the sink at everyone else house.

William Pitt-

Comment

well I dont spell great oh well you get the point.

We have a vested interest in a stable secure, southern boarder and northern Mexico as much as the mexicans. We are not talking about a huge deployment here either. We have become the worlds police man and we cant take care of business in our own back yard ?????????????

Thats like your wife having the local plumber come in and fix the leaky sink and service her while hes there, because you are to busy fixing the sink at everyone else house.
                Do you like our role of being the world's policeman? And I don't understand why you are so pissed that the US is not being called in to cross the border of Mexico and deal with organized crime and smuggling. We got better shit to do and better things to spend our money on, let the UN do their job and act as an unbiased party in this situation. I don't want US troops to leave their families for something like that, and I sure as hell don't want them dieing for something like that.

We got enough problems shoring up our side of the border, let the UN take care of their side I say.

Comment

i hope the new world order soldiers don't pee in our drinking water! lol
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

How am I drunk

ASK US for the needed help, I think we can provide the needed aid dont you??? You dont trust the US military MPs either???? Why go to the UN??????

and yes I am aware that there are UN personnel stationed here in various places in the US.
                    Ever ask if the US military is stretched to the limits now? Guys doing back to back tours in Iraq and Afghan. Taking a toll on family life.

Now if you want to sign up and help that's a different story ;)
                    Continuous For Sale Thread
                    323i s50

Comment

The UN is not a sovereign nation. They don't pose a threat to stability. We know that our soldiers wouldn't either, but the locals won't see it that way. It would be much worse for our soldier to roll in there to control this stuff. It would just breed more dissension. Plus, it ain't our mess.

I think it would be good. It's an admission by the Mexican government that they are to corrupt and compromised to do the job so they are looking at bringing in some help. If it keeps border crossings down and stops some of the drug trafficking and helps to stop some of the violence, then good.

Yes, their mess ends up in our yard, but that's our fault. Our border security sucks. Our government in fact encourages illegal immigration by ignoring it. And then they make it painful, drawn out and expensive for those who try to do it legally; people we really want as Americans. If our government really thought it was important, then they would have worked hard at sealing off the border instead of just poking at it.

Mexico is more of a mess than we are. Let them do what they have to do to clean it up. Maybe this will lead to some stability down there and the formation of a government that isn't totally bought out and compromised. That would be good for us too. (but it certainly wouldn't hurt to do a better job keeping the border closed on our side)
                      1987 E30 325is
                      1999 E46 323i
                      RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                      oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
                        The UN is not a sovereign nation. They don't pose a threat to stability. We know that our soldiers wouldn't either, but the locals won't see it that way. It would be much worse for our soldier to roll in there to control this stuff. It would just breed more dissension. Plus, it ain't our mess.

I think it would be good. It's an admission by the Mexican government that they are to corrupt and compromised to do the job so they are looking at bringing in some help. If it keeps border crossings down and stops some of the drug trafficking and helps to stop some of the violence, then good.

Yes, their mess ends up in our yard, but that's our fault. Our border security sucks. Our government in fact encourages illegal immigration by ignoring it. And then they make it painful, drawn out and expensive for those who try to do it legally; people we really want as Americans. If our government really thought it was important, then they would have worked hard at sealing off the border instead of just poking at it.

Mexico is more of a mess than we are. Let them do what they have to do to clean it up. Maybe this will lead to some stability down there and the formation of a government that isn't totally bought out and compromised. That would be good for us too. (but it certainly wouldn't hurt to do a better job keeping the border closed on our side)
                        Agreed. Though, I'm kinda wondering what their rules of engagement will be.
                        sigpic89 M3

Comment

Hallen: Agreed on all counts.

But I am with ral on the rules of engagement.

Kiser: No I dont like that role we have taken on, but we could at least help out a neighbor dont you think. I thought the oninted one was gonna get us outta Iraq??? That would give us a division or 2 to do the job I bet.

This whole deal has just the slight aroma of fish to it, for me is all.

William Pitt-

Comment

They are calling the UN because the UN gets shit done.

(if you cant get the sarcasm in that then you would fit right in at the UN)
                            Im now E30less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                              They are calling the UN because the UN gets shit done.

(if you cant get the sarcasm in that then you would fit right in at the UN)
                              werd man.

Comment

Working...
                              X