• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Who tweets?

I finally caved in and signed up..

Who else?
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Ahh don't do it!
    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

I think it's pretty conceited that people think others want to know what their doing every minute of the day.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I have one, never used it to tweet though.
        I find its a good way to follow your favorite sports stars, and keep up with stores getting in new stock

Comment

No Twitter/Facebook/Myspace/LinkedIn
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
            I think it's pretty conceited that people think others want to know what their doing every minute of the day.
            I think it's pretty retarded to have an opinion based on here-say.
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
              this

Comment

i want to punch someone in the face every time i hear "tweet"
                facebook,twitter and all the other bullshit sites make me want to puke. all my deep meaningful friendships are formed on r3v
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

My wife does in the shower sometimes...usually when I'm out of town.
                  sigpic
                  Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

eh, can't deny that I thought the same for a good while. What I like about it is you can setup an RSS-style feed from all the things I follow: sports, jalopnik, craigslist, etc

The shit rep tweeter has comes from annoying 13 year olds who also use it.
                    "omgosh my parents teh suck I can't stay up past 10" style crap.

Julien
                    Build Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                      I think it's pretty retarded to have an opinion based on hearsay.
                      Eh, if you're going to use it for something useful then go ahead, by all means. It's just that 100% of the people that I've seen use it use it for exactly what I said. I'm sure it is useful, but like facebook it's been bastardized into a popularity contest/retard parade.

EDIT:
                      This is old but pretty funny:

Independent, ad-free, uncensored comedy. Watch new episodes of Dimension 20, Um, Actually, Game Changer every week.
                      Last edited by chadthestampede; 11-28-2009, 12:34 PM.
                      Originally posted by LJ851
                      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I find it pointless. RSS feeds are great because there is content worth reading. Reading my friend's random thoughts during the day is pointless... especially since I have facebook for that with news feed.

The problem is geek's technology and ideas don't always tend to match up with people's needs. People can use Twitter and many people even as airheaded as my sister and her friends are adopting it as the new hot thing, but that doesn't mean it has good functionality.

Comment

^ a valid point, but so far I'm following organizations
                          Build Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            No Twitter/Facebook/Myspace/LinkedIn
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. I just dont get it. If I want to talk to some one to see what they are up too, I will call them, or stop by to shoot the shit some time.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

I have twitter and facebook. I use facebook to keep in touch with friends I don't normally see. Because they are hundreds of miles from where I live.

Same with twitter. I also use it to keep up on current events, and things that affect my line of work. Of course I also use it to bs with friends. I find both of them very useful to an extent.
                              If in doubt... Flat out

Comment

Working...
                              X