No announcement yet.

Check Your Tires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thing is that a newer tire might get a puncture and develop a slow leak – no big whoop.

But an old tire failure? Shit – that’s going to happen at highway speeds – and it’s not pretty.
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I'll be god damned..

Yesterday - one of the 10 yr old tires on my BICYCLE blew out.
      Nearly kilt me.

True story.
      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

The trick to never buying "9 year old tires" is to just buy a brand new model.

I can guarantee my Star Specs are not a decade old simply because they did not exist a decade ago. Who wants to buy a tire that was engineered 5 years ago anyways?

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
          The trick to never buying "9 year old tires" is to just buy a brand new model.

I can guarantee my Star Specs are not a decade old simply because they did not exist a decade ago. Who wants to buy a tire that was engineered 5 years ago anyways?

What are you going to do if they keep making the Star Spec for another 10 years and no one else makes a better street tire that's as stick during that time?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Ive had a set of hankook rs-2 sitting in my basement for a while, I had them installed a couple weeks ago. The tire shop pulled the original purchase invoice from tire rack, turns out I bought them back in '09. I'm gonna go check the manufacture date.
            --Will

Comment

Working...
            X