...by then, it was too late (Obama content)
Collapse
X
-
If you asked that question, yes it would be presumptive on YOUR part.
But when then person answers, "No, because I do not beat my wife." There has been no admission to beating the wife just because you proposed a question with a false premise.Leave a comment:
-
No, it and others are just territories. They don't get much voice but are dominated by US. So pretty much like Canada.
American Samoa
Federated States of Micronesia
Guam
Midway Islands
Puerto Rico
U.S. Virgin Islands
+1Leave a comment:
-
-
-
We can play this game for hours, it's pointless. There will always be counterexamples to gross generalizations. You must recognize that what I say is a gross generalization and obviously not indicative of the sentiments of every single person, ever.And also...
You can also tell this to the friend of mine that was born and raised in Russia. He just voluntarily signed up to be in the Marines Infantry. Left his wife and baby son at home and took off for boot camp a few weeks back because he wants to fight to protect the freedom we have in America. A non-native that understands how great America is and is willing to give his life in one of the more dangerous positions in the military.
I believe in having explainable reasons for my opinions. I can explain what I like about America, and I can explain what I don't like about America. Your Russian friend has found qualities that he likes about America, and I am happy that he did so.
The statement "understood how great America is" is presumptive. It is akin to me asking if you enjoy beating your wife. No matter which way you answer, you've admitted to beating your wife.Leave a comment:
-
Canadians are just upset they are the 51st state.Leave a comment:
-
Perhaps not unsurprisingly, people have a different attitude when not interacting directly with Americans. I was in Paris recently with an old Russian friend. We sat next to American tourists on several different occasions... it's interesting to see the waiter's change in facial expression when he walks away from them.well thats cool
just that i haven't seen it
when i've traveled i've never hidden the fact i was american
never advertised it also
treated others with respect and yelled at a parisian waiter who was a turd, but then the parisians yell at parisian waiters
the pissing contest has always been at or government and its policies, not the people, at least where i've been
DarkWing6, Canada: "we must recognize that anti-Americanism is a core part of the Canadian identity since Day One of this country"
The general attitude of my international acquaintances is that America is a great place to go get rich and then go back to your home country.Leave a comment:
-
And also...
You can also tell this to the friend of mine that was born and raised in Russia. He just voluntarily signed up to be in the Marines Infantry. Left his wife and baby son at home and took off for boot camp a few weeks back because he wants to fight to protect the freedom we have in America. A non-native that understands how great America is and is willing to give his life in one of the more dangerous positions in the military.Leave a comment:
-
And on this subject, he did say it was a reliable source. Sooner or later you've got to trust somebody. Mark has found that the person that sent this to him is a credible source, so he believe that the majority, if not all, is accurate. Probably a better source than most major media.Leave a comment:
-
-
well thats cool
just that i haven't seen it
when i've traveled i've never hidden the fact i was american
never advertised it also
treated others with respect and yelled at a parisian waiter who was a turd, but then the parisians yell at parisian waiters
the pissing contest has always been at or government and its policies, not the people, at least where i've beenLeave a comment:
-
Have you?
I've traveled to India, Italy, Canada, Mexico, and a few other countries. I was welcomed and treated nicely everywhere. In India I spent significant time with business leaders and people living in the slums. From school teachers to presidents of companies. Both in how they treated me and when asked directly about America, they had nothing but good things to say about us.Leave a comment:
-
I was born in India. My wife and her family is from a different part of India. Relatives are from Trinidad, Tibet, Honduras, El Salvador and Australia. I have never heard a negative word about the US - we/they are very happy to be Naturalized Citizens.
We have significant immigration from all parts of the world. If people of other nationalities don't like the US, then why do they come here?
Who/which foreign nationals have you spoken to that hate the US?Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: