The Headphone Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Headphone Thread

So, with the amount of music i listen to, i finally decided to start ditching the bottom feeder headphones ive always used (for no good reason). With a gift card for xmas, i picked up some Sony MDR-V6's. Nothing too earth shattering, but compared to what ive been using, it is definately a step up.

I also am going to try out a set of Grado SR80s. See what i like better.

I figure most of us probably listen and r3v, anyone else enjoy some good sounding headphones?

I've got the MDR V500's, I picked them up a couple of years ago for like $75 or something. Again, nothing earth-shattering, but they sound great, and they keep out quite a bit of external noise, I really like them. My only complaint is that I wish they had more bass.

Comment

I love my old SONY MDR-7506s These were and probably still used in many recording studios and are VERY comfortable.
      Give them a try, consumer shops won't have these on display you'll need to try one of your local pro audio shops. I paid $200 for them years ago and they still work like new :)
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        I love my old SONY MDR-7506s :) These were and probably still used in many recording studios and are VERY comfortable.
        im like 99% sure the 7506 is the one thats basically the same as the v6s i have, And yes they're awesome.

Comment

I had a set of Sennheiser HD595s

They had no bass so I traded up to 2005 Beyerdynamic DT990s

Which were consequently stolen. Now I mainly stick to IEMs.

Comment

I just use Skull Candy earbuds of whatever they're called. They're nothing special, but good for the $25 or whatever they were.

Comment

These are one of those things that if I had lots of spare cash I'd get into. Some headphones would definitely be nice.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

^its not that bad. The sonys were 80$ (giftcard) and the grados 70shipped (100ish new)

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  ^its not that bad. The sonys were 80$ (giftcard) and the grados 70shipped (100ish new)
                  But dude, like that's like an 8 ball or a couple 80mg OC's. Why waste that on headphones?

Comment

I would find a set of upper end Grados to try for a while.

I love the sound, but they are horribly uncomfortable on my enormous noggin.

Besides, they make a pair called the 325is

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      I would find a set of upper end Grados to try for a while.

I love the sound, but they are horribly uncomfortable on my enormous noggin.

Besides, they make a pair called the 325is
                      inorite!

I saw that bummin around head-fi.org

I picked up some Grado SR80s for a pretty decent price.. Ive heard good things. Of course, i too have a somewhat large head, so heres hoping they wont hurt like a mother.

If i dig the Grado "sound" then maybe when it comes time for the big boy ill get the 325is, or whatever works for me at the time

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      I've got the MDR V500's, I picked them up a couple of years ago for like $75 or something. Again, nothing earth-shattering, but they sound great, and they keep out quite a bit of external noise, I really like them. My only complaint is that I wish they had more bass.
                      You could try a small cheap Headphone amp, that boosts bass. I cant really make any recommendations as a n00b but ive actually heard good things about the fiio e3 for the money (12$) and it does boost bass.
                      Last edited by Stephen; 01-12-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Tritton makes some great headphones too. I use them to play online, 5.1 dolby digital surround sound, 8 speakers total (4 in each earcup), inline volume controls. Ive been very pleased with their quality.
                        1989 325i - sold
                        1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
                        1990 325i

Comment

Denon D2000, Sony SA3000, Senn HD202s, Sony MDR-V700, M Audio IE 30, Grado SR125, Beyerdynamics DT880 (special occasions)
                          Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Anyone try running an amp to their headphones? it'll change your world.

Werd on teh Grados. I own the 60s and even though it's the cheapest, I love em. Uncomfortable as hell, however.
                            2008 335i - n54b30
                            1991 318i - m52b28
                            1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I got a pair of Bose TriPort OE about 3 years ago for Christmas.
                              They're really comfortable and great if you're commuting for a long time. They also sound great and keep out alot of noise!

Originally posted by Janderson
                              you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X