Ain't that a bitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ain't that a bitch

Just got through filing my tax returns, was expecting a much larger return this year considering I had mortgage interest to write off and approximately 40% more adjusted gross income.

Looks like I'm getting nearly the exact same amount of money back as I did last year.

Fuck jumping up into the next higher marginal tax bracket.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

I'm really hopefull for my tax return this year, should be A LOT better than last year's. I only worked for like 6 months collectively in 2008, due to being laid off and not being able to find jobs ANYWHERE. I was only out of work for 3 months in 2009, and while I was working, I was making decent money, so I should see an alright return.

Comment

not looking forward to it. Was off till 1st week of august. Paid no taxes on the UE I was drawing.

When working I pay a shit ton of taxes, to cover that, think I made that but I am gonna owe the state big time I think. But I think my fed return will cover those liabilities and maybe enough to take the little woman somewhere nice for our 10th anniversary next month
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I was paying on the UE I drew in the first part of '09. I'll probably owe the state for this year because I don't think we were paying enough for my wife's daycare business, but I think my Federal return should be good. I'm hoping...

Comment

Is UE taxed the same way as regular wages? I'm assuming they send you a W2 for it?

I'm curious how it's going to work out for me since I might have to pay back all the UE I've gotten thus far.
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Yes its considered regular income after the 1st 2400 bucks I think. and yes you can chose to have the taxes with held or not. I take it straight, to make it easier to survive and the over pay when I am working (claim 0 + 20 bucks on both state and fed) I usually still get a return form both, but have never been off that long before.

and Yes You get a 1099 form for it as its income not wages, subject to FICA and SSI taxes.

Why would have to pay it all back????? There are very few reasons that would ever happen

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
            Is UE taxed the same way as regular wages? I'm assuming they send you a W2 for it?

I'm curious how it's going to work out for me since I might have to pay back all the UE I've gotten thus far.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I have been on UB for over a year now, I still havent gottem my tax filings from them, I do have them take taxes out. I wonder if I am going to get anything back, I dont have any deductions or any other filings to report. Would be a real kicker if I got more money ontop of my "free" money.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Why would have to pay it all back????? There are very few reasons that would ever happen
                It's kind of a long story, but I was released for somewhat sketchy reasons, and I applied for unemployment on a whim and told them my side of the story, not thinking I would get it.

They contacted my previous employer, who did not respond, so they counted that as confirmation of my story and began to give me unemployment.

All of this was unbeknownst to me, until I got a letter 2 months later saying my previous employer was disputing my claim, and they were going to schedule a hearing. The hearing took another 2 months to schedule, and it happens to be this coming wednesday.

It is more or less my word against theirs, with very little evidence on both sides, and if I lose I have to pay back any unemployment I have received thus far.

I might be just over $2400 though, but I'm assuming they're waiting for the result of my hearing before they send me a 1099.
                Originally posted by LJ851
                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

My wife and I have always had to pay until last year where we got a decent amount back. This year we are getting pretty nice big chunk even after paying the taxes I owe on the money earned through my side business. Throwing it straight into savings to prepare for a possible lay off coming in July, if that doesn't come then maybe we'll do something fun.
                  sigpic

Comment

yaay tax the rich! lol
                    - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                    Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Waiting on some 1099's and 1098's. At the moment I'm doing pretty good gonna loose a write of to the Ex this year. So I'll most likely break even.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by machined View Post
                        yaay tax the rich! lol

Yeah, soak the middle class while the bottom 45% have no federal income tax liability.

My total tax bill for the year = the national average poverty level.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          Yeah, soak the middle class while the bottom 45% have no federal income tax liability.

thats where I am at most years, or a bit above, this year I am below that a ways. NOT GOOD
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-24-2010, 10:48 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

haha that's awesome.
                            - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                            Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

I'm sort of in the same boat. can't quite finish my taxes though, need a social security # for my son and there are a few other forms that aren't released yet (like the energy improvements rebate).
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X