UPS issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS issue

I tried to sell a pair of speakers on EBay but they went unsold. After the auction someone who bid on it but didn't make my reserve and asked how much I was willing to sell them for. We agreed on a price and I shipped them by UPS. I know I packed them very well and secure. Tonight he emails me and says they both came damaged and are rattling now and asked what I'm going to do about it????? I did purchase insurance on it. Should I tell him to take it up with UPS???

you have to deal with UPS because you are the one who paid to have it shipped. the seller has to file a claim and then UPS will only talk with you. Then its up to you to replace/refund the money. ask me how i know this....
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I hope I'm not getting scammed.

I asked for pics of the alleged carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
        I hope I'm not getting scammed.

I asked for pics of the alleged carnage.
        Anthony, yup that how it works, get pics, then call UPS, you will email them, you have to do the claim...they may or may not inspect the pkg...depending on amount. Once you get paid, refund the buyer and ask him to send it back (unless it's bad)

Comment

You may have trouble with them because you packed them yourself. I sold a sunroof panel on e30tech, and shipped with UPS. The buyer denied the panel because it was damage while in transit. I filed a claim with UPS and they said they were going to deny my claim because I packaged it myself. I didn't, UPS packaged it so they covered it and I got my money back. Good luck.

Comment

Tell UPS that the receiver has claimed that UPS damaged it. This will usually force UPS to physically examine the package.

Give the persons number to UPS, they will call them and tell them to save all of the packaging.

This will make them put up or shut up.

This is probably the start of a scam unfortunately.

Jay from GC
            Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
            Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
            Ground Control facebook page

Comment

They need to claim it was damaged in transit. You'll be asked to ship it to a UPS facility where they will inspect the packaging to determine if it was packaged properly. They turn down a lot of packages and say it was your fault. I've had it happen with a wood dash trim piece.

Could be a scam, so get photos first. Then you'll have to ship it to UPS, probably after the guy ships it back to you as if he does a shittier job packaging it up then how you originally did it, you'll be blamed for his work. It's going to cost you money now no matter what.

I've shipped a prototype sample wheel to a customer for test fitting. I packaged the shit out of it. Purchased a custom box for it, and made it extremely easy to repack. When they shipped it back to me, they threw the packaging material behind the face of the wheel (into the barrel). And I mean all of it. and then used to strap to shut the box instead of tape. I don't have to tell you that the wheel returned to me damaged.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hellabad View Post
                This is probably the start of a scam unfortunately.

Jay from GC
                What makes you assmue that? Just asking.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

iF YOU got HIM insurance its for HIM to deal with...he might leave bad feedback but thats the reason you get insurance.

its up to him to file a claim and get what you estimated there worth as...

I worked for UPS seasonally and this is the case, I saw things broken and the customer saying "well i just call cause it had insurance"

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                  X