No announcement yet.

8.8 in Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback, as a result of the tsunami have many people move to a higher elevation?
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by ivo316 View Post
      So, I know it's old nws, but just to let you know, everything is ok, still some people (around 10.000) in temporary homes, but it's been almost a year and the country recovered, basically the damage was due to the tsunami, not the quake.

In the Capital Santiago, a couple of bridges and buildings fell.

thanks for remebering.

I've been out for a while but came back, the E30 is out of storage now.

regards.

Ivo
      Good to see you're still around!

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
        Thanks for the feedback, as a result of the tsunami have many people move to a higher elevation?
        I'm not sure about your question but... you do see the original post date right?
        09/1989 325i 4 Door
        +M30 Swap
        +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

I'm guessing he means in case of future events

Comment

Noooooo !!!!, we are basically stupid here, we will rebuid inthe same place :), well the govt has been trying to convince people to move away from the creeks and beaches (there was nothing left anyway), but people own beachfront properties do not want to move and want to rebuid there.

Anyway, the last tsunami was in the early 60's, (largest quake ever recorded in the planet) so they figure it's a safe bet.

I live about 90 miles from the beach and about 3000ft above sea level, so tsunamis are no concern in santiago, but it's still shaking here (about once a month) you know, minor aftershocks 5.5. to 6.

Comment

Working...
            X