No announcement yet.

Best Production German Sleeper Car: A visual study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top speed of the Messerschmitt was 65 MPH, check the wiki about half way down the page
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
      I'll go with this though:

Good job its my day off work tomorrow, i just messed my last pair of work pants

Comment

Best part is they offered so many engines, from diesel to AMG, the 200D had like 60 or 70HP, so yeah, I'd go with the 200D or 200E badge on the Hammer or the Väth :D

Comment

COTM

Comment

Audi RS6 Avant - twin turbo 5.0 V10 good for 580hp

'87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

I disagree with all of the modern uber wagons. They all have flashy bodykits, huge wheels, giant brakes with emblems on them, shiny mirrors...

Maybe I'm just too fixated on "sleeper".

Comment

Definately the 500E - aside from the badge, wheels and vents on the front flanks, there isn't much to give away this cars' potential. And I don't believe Benz made a ton of them....possible future collectable?

The E28 and E34 M5s were pretty understated too. Much like the Baby Hammer Benz, the only things that separated these cars from the run-of-the-mill 5 series was a badge, subtle valance/rocker treatment and the wheels.

Nowadays it seems the high-end performance sedan offering from a brand puts just as much effort into styling upgrades as well as what happens under the hood. Personally, I love the sleeper effect. Unsuspecting, conservative looking ride that packs a punch to surprise the uninformed.

Jon
                Rides...
                1991 325i - sold :(
                2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                  A friend of mine got a ticket in his back in the day while topping his out at 53 mph in either a 35 or 45 zone, can't remember which. Scares me to think about being in that car..
                  I just remember Steve Urkel had one.

Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Working...
                  X