Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you tell your boss you have an upcoming interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now that you have told us your field which seem like a good one I would tell them. I have a female friend who finally finished college. She is 29 and has been working with the same company for 4 years making 50k. She told them that when she graduated she would be looking for a different job to take advantage of her degree since they did not have a position in the current company. 2 days later they call her in, thank her for the honesty. Now she is with the same company making 70k. They started offering services that she could now offer and they are all happy. I know it's a different situation that you are in, but honesty is the best route for the level you are on.
    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

I want to stay in it, just maybe work on tool centers (DMG, Haas, Mazak) or FMS (Stima, Amada's, Salvagnini)
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
        We have furlough weeks every quarter, wage freezes for two years, and overtime caps. The company is driving itself into the ground. I am never home during the week. I've missed family events because I've been stuck overnight in airports and had to fly home the following day on saturday. I rode my motorcycle a thousand miles total last two summers.

To find a job Im home every night and make more than I do now, why not make the jump?

You know I feel you pain, take solace that you get the weekends at home right now, there is something to be said for sleeping in your own bed every night that you cant put a dollar value on. I would not make mention of it at all till you know the interview went well.

On that good luck, and I hope all goes well for you and you get to come in off the road. If I could even make 1/3 of what I do now and stay at home every night, I would be on it like white on rice.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
        X