someone call german osha

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • quickervicar
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    You work for Manitowoc/grove???? I assume by your location, I know Grove hydro trucks, are built some where down there in South eastern PA.

    On a side not I got to load up a crusher with a 988G a few years ago, just amazing the power and ease of control for such a huge machine, especially when you are used to 938's and 950's For the record I dont get much seat time anymore as I swapped over to the Non destructive testing industry (we are still IUOE though)
    Nope, no Grove association. I'm a partner in a very small company that makes laser-guided grading systems. We have a deal to sell our product through CAT dealers in US, Canada and Australia.

    I will hand it to OSHA. Lately they've been better for us to deal with. We've never been fined, but they did find a few issues which we remedied. After our initial inspection they came around a couple years later, realized our record, turned around & left. It all comes down to the person doing the inspection, I guess.

    More heavy equipment gymnastics: JCB Dancing Diggers

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by rwh11385
    So stupid question I know... but how the hell did he get down?
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

    Ok mr college smartie, :) just the reverse of going up. Lowers him self back down on each of the pads till he get to the ground. Well this is the best way. there is a faster way but its not as safe and make a big mess

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    So stupid question I know... but how the hell did he get down?

    Leave a comment:


  • SimplyDope
    replied
    Insane!

    Leave a comment:


  • llll1l1ll
    replied
    Natürlich hat ein Deutscher Wetten Dass erfunden (vielen Dank für den schönen Stunden!)

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by NC325iC
    hence osha is stupid
    You have no idea, till you have to deal with them in this type of industry. Its fun, you can be doing everything right and safe as it can be done, but rest assured they can will find some reason to fine you.

    We had a guy start a cut off saw set it down, take his hard hat off ( outta or the swing range of the excavator and no over head hazards) to take his safety glasses off his helmet. Put the glasses on and his helmet then pick up the saw and make his pipe cut. Well there was a MIOSHA ass hole in the bushes with a camera, yeah the company got a fine for no helmet and no safety glasses with a saw, even though he did everything right. Fuckers are out there to generate revenue now more than to enforce safety regs. They show up on your job you will be getting a ticket and a fine even if they have to take things outta context and misrepresent the facts. I have seen the bend tape measures to create false readings in their pics that help them write a fine, I have seen them brake their own safety rules to get some where to takes pics and write a fine.

    The only thing you can do is to take pics of them taking their Pics, and then take your own of the same thing they just did but with your own tools and perspective to counter the inspectors pics. Other wise you have no case to appeal the fine, I have been down this road several times and it sucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • NC325iC
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    cause a hard hat makes all the difference when one of these fall on you.
    hence osha is stupid

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by quickervicar
    It's a really nice facility. 7,000+ acres of nothingness to play in and 15 employees. They went out to train CAT's trainers on our products. Then they got to climb around on the really cool stuff like D11Ts, 797 line-haulers, and a 994F. Everyone out there seemed bummed because the couldn't go to BAUMA http://www.bauma.de/en
    You work for Manitowoc/grove???? I assume by your location, I know Grove hydro trucks, are built some where down there in South eastern PA.

    On a side not I got to load up a crusher with a 988G a few years ago, just amazing the power and ease of control for such a huge machine, especially when you are used to 938's and 950's For the record I dont get much seat time anymore as I swapped over to the Non destructive testing industry (we are still IUOE though)

    Leave a comment:


  • quickervicar
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    I have heard thats a good school, but there really is no substitute for seat time in the filed with other peoples lives in you hands
    It's a really nice facility. 7,000+ acres of nothingness to play in and 15 employees. They went out to train CAT's trainers on our products. Then they got to climb around on the really cool stuff like D11Ts, 797 line-haulers, and a 994F. Everyone out there seemed bummed because the couldn't go to BAUMA http://www.bauma.de/en

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    cause a hard hat makes all the difference when one of these fall on you.

    Leave a comment:


  • NC325iC
    replied
    i meant the announcer standing underneath the thing, but thats cool too

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by quickervicar
    Two of my guys just got back from training at the Tucson proving grounds last night
    I have heard thats a good school, but there really is no substitute for seat time in the filed with other peoples lives in you hands

    Leave a comment:


  • quickervicar
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    CAT over all.
    edit: Member of the Operating engineers here
    Two of my guys just got back from training at the Tucson proving grounds last night

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    You dont have to wear a Hard helmet when you are in a cabbed Machine

    That 98% Operator there, you can do that with any smallish excavator that has the provisions for a blade on it with that tower and the special plate. Notice that they had to use a Shovel style Bucket twin cylinder set up so it has enough hydo power to hold the weight of the machine way out there. Long as you set it up like that it dose not matter the brand of the machine

    CAT over all. Liebherr dose make a good mobile hydro truck crane though. I have way more time around grove's myself

    edit: Member of the Operating engineers here
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-22-2010, 06:35 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    Holy shit.

    Leave a comment:

Working...