pro dragster status: bilstein sports + stock springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pro dragster status: bilstein sports + stock springs

awww yeah! i wanted to see if this was a viable set up, because i didnt want to give up the bilsteins. but the bmp/h&r springs they were paired with were crap. car rode really rough. excessively rough. only the rear was done, because i did the rear subframe bushings.

anyway, it seems like going back to full stock is the only option. im going to ride around like this for a while though. haha.
    Attached Files
    AWD > RWD

ROFL! ... that reminds me when I put my ETA from H&R Race + BIli Sports to Stock iS
    http://www.decal-spec.com

Comment

That is not rough, my lady bitches about my coilovers ALL DAY. Stock hight=fail

Get a pillow and ride low

Get the ground-control.com setup, you will not be unhappy. You can also pick you spring rate. Don't ask about my rate, I forgot...all I said to GC was make them super stiff.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

the springs were rusted and crap. im sure with new h&rs the car would ride nice. it was by far, the roughest ride i'd ever been in.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
          That is not rough, my lady bitches about my coilovers ALL DAY. Stock hight=fail

Get a pillow and ride low

Get the ground-control.com setup, you will not be unhappy. You can also pick you spring rate. Don't ask about my rate, I forgot...all I said to GC was make them super stiff.
          That would be fun as a GC employee...'yeah, uh, just hooked you up with some 4" 1500lb/in springs, you should be good brah.'

Comment

Wouldn't running the sports on stock springs cause them to blow?

Comment

cause the bilsteins to blow?

no.

it might over dampen the stock springs though.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Interesting, someone told me before running billy sports on stock springs will make them blow, good to know they wont!

Comment

If you have the money, go with the GC coilover kit. I have it with my bilstein sports and GC camber plates and i absolutely love them. I'm running 525 front/ 875 rear with stock valving on the bilsteins. It is a bit stiff for the road but it is awesome for autocross.

Comment

Originally posted by kylekrueger View Post
                    If you have the money, go with the GC coilover kit. I have it with my bilstein sports and GC camber plates and i absolutely love them. I'm running 525 front/ 875 rear with stock valving on the bilsteins. It is a bit stiff for the road but it is awesome for autocross.
                    Dude, do you see that car? Needs a lot more work before coil-overs...

Comment

this e30 is going back to a full stock suspension either this weekend or next.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                      X