• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefighters!

of interest To Firefighters and anyone else

Firefighters are boycotting Dario Sattui and his Winery

apparently he thinks firefighters are a joke

facebook link: read the info section to understand editors story. and the reactions of firefighters and there family and friends

"American Canyon firefighters’ negotiations are a joke."

Facebook link 2:

]

Wow, he says "negotiations are a joke" and summarize by saying "he thinks firefighters are a joke". I think I know what's going on here.
    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Tom Merle is a funny guy. Firefighter do have it very plush, then they get to put their life on the line. So, lazy people with bouts of bravery, happy?
      i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Originally posted by Restoman View Post
        Tom Merle is a funny guy. Firefighter do have it very plush, then they get to put their life on the line. So, lazy people with bouts of bravery, happy?

plush??? Do you speak from experience?
        Originally posted by Simon S
        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by Restoman View Post

this is going to get interesting....

Comment

Huge difference depending on what kind of firefighter you are. In my area, damn near every guy in his early 20's works for CDF and doesn't do jack shit. I'm sorry, but digging ditches miles away from a fire does not put you in harms way. I have much respect for firefighters who actually fight fire but that is not the case in most of CDF. They work for the season and then sit on unemployment the rest of the year maxed out. They get guaranteed overtime which is earned while sleeping. As soon as a fire does happen, they can't take a shit without 20 swinging dicks above them approving it. Like I said, if you are a firefighter that has actually fought a fire, this doesn't apply to you. Not even a jab at the ones who do take advantage of it, I'm glad they are but like most California state programs, this one needs a huge overhaul. I think that dude is lumping everyone together and that is where I disagree with him but he makes some good points.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree^. CDF FFs just dig ditches and shit like that. Respect to the ones who fight fires though.

I'm all about the city. Get paid more, do better work (medical calls, fires, TCs, etc), community loves you, and you don't have to dig fuggin ditches.
              ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
              *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Okay well i really dont know much about small fire department around the nation. but talking about the major department life L.A.F.D./ N.Y.F.D. etc.

But his aim is toward all fire departments in general.

How can somone say that they are over paid? okay fine. if its a small city that dosent see much fire or trauma emergency i see the difference.

But to be in a major city working 3 24hr. shifts takes a stress on you in many ways. In LA almost 90% of all calls are not structure fires. But does anyone understand how stressing and tromatic a medical emergency can be?

What kind of tole do you think it would take on you. If YOU were called to a home where 2 children die from what ever kind of emergency it is when you have your children at home? Ive spoken to many firefighters who share times when they couldnt handle the stress of the job. They call it "burn out" it takes away so much from a person. It can be physical, emotional, or mental.

Someone once told me that they were called out to an emergency when a small plane crashed in a field. When he finally arrived he found 2 decapitated boys around the age 9 and there father who was also decapitated. Once the entire engine company got to the scene they all stood frozen and once they returned to the station and had the chance to talk about it they broke into tears and absolutely had to call there family. Some to check on there son's and others to speak to there loved one.

I dont believe that you have to fight fire to be a firefighter. They do much more that just that. They take on and see alot of things that others dont and wont.

I think it takes a special breed of person to be able to do those kinds of things and go home and try to live a normal life. So i understand why some of them would need days off. I know i deff. would when i go through emergency.

And the part about them only having to be 18 with a G.E.D. to get in is unlikely.

Alot of them have degrees and actually went to school.

Im 19 and currently working on my G.E. and Fire Technology degree and if it were as easy as just applying and being accepted at 18 with a G.E.D. then tell me when i can sign up!

sorry for all the grammer problems. im on my crackberry
                ]

Comment

FYI- a firefighter's life exectancy is 10 years less than the average citizen...
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

i certainly dont know enough about city firefighters to make intelligent discourse.

but $200,00 salary? fuuuuuckkk. i shouldnt have gone to college. in fact, im going to sign up tomorrow.

if that figure is true, its completely ridiculous. i may be biased, but i think soldiers should be paid more than fire fighters. and starting salary for a private is $15k. pay for 4 star generals with 38+ years is capped at $168k.

if all this is true, fire fighters are really over paid.

but i think this is all sensationalism, until i do some more research.
                    Last edited by Kershaw; 05-04-2010, 06:30 PM.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                      i certainly dont know enough about city firefighters to make intelligent discourse.

but $200,00 salary? fuuuuuckkk. i shouldnt have gone to college. in fact, im going to sign up tomorrow.

if that figure is true, its completely ridiculous. i may be biased, but i think soldiers should be paid more than fire fighters. and starting salary for a private is $15k. pay for 4 star generals with 38+ years is capped at $168k.

if all this is true, fire fighters are really over paid.

but i think this is all sensationalism, until i do some more research.

$200,000 wow! thats alot over what i was talking about. if that were the case then yes they would be over payed.

Well for lafd firefighters start at $53,766 a year for college graduates. i dont think that is being over paid. Yes some have made probably $100,00 or so. I cant speak for all. but i deff know that they dont make $200,000 anywere out here.

And as for soldiers i do believe that the pay for soldiers should be increased
                      ]

Comment

I'll remember that next time I respond to any call.

And even here in nebraska the starting salary for a basic FireFighter One is about 29k.

Thanks for the read.
                        ------------------------------------------------

Firefighter/EMT, Paramedic class of 2010. Yeah, i save Lives.

Comment

guy at my work is a retired firefighter, after overtime he was making $200k a year, now he's sitting on a nice pension, just bought a brand new e500, and randomly goes on vacations about once a month.

why am i even bothering with college?

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

Originally posted by topdown323 View Post
                            I'll remember that next time I respond to any call.

And even here in nebraska the starting salary for a basic FireFighter One is about 29k.

Thanks for the read.

congrats on the success hopefully soon ill have a class year on my sig
                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by PootieTang View Post
                              guy at my work is a retired firefighter, after overtime he was making $200k a year, now he's sitting on a nice pension, just bought a brand new e500, and randomly goes on vacations about once a month.

why am i even bothering with college?
                              remember i said. college gradutes.
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X