Clear All

coolest (but kind of useless) tool box!

my friend just sent me this....tool box envy....maybe

please flag with care:

miscategorized
    prohibited
    spam/overpost
    best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
    Remote Controlled Mac Tripple Bay Tool Box - $9500 (Tempe)

Date: 2010-05-07, 5:24PM MST
    Reply to: sale-fkxjw-1729981095@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Every once in a while something really cool comes around and I think this is it. You are looking at something that will give your friends, neighbors, or coworkers tool box envy. Professionally built. This is a brand new Mac tripple bay tech series box model MB1080. What makes this box unique is the remote controlled sled that it sits on. This sled is built from Bosch Rexroth aluminum profiles. It is extremely strong and perfect for this application. The motor in the sled is a nose wheel landing gear motor from a B-29 bomber. with the current gear reduction, it delivers 375 foot pounds of torque to the rear wheel at 12 volts DC. Top speed is about 4 or 5 mph which is more than enough for something that weighs almost 1000 pounds. It is coupled to an Altrax programmable speed controller. Steering is performed by dual linear actuators and spindles use timken tapered roller bearings for amazing strength. The rear motor carriage pivots to account for uneven driving surfaces so asphalt is not an issue. It also has an automatic electric brake to keep it from rolling away. The sled incorporates a 20 watt monocrystaline solar panel and a Sunlite 10 solar controller to keep the Optima marine battery charged up. The solar panel extends and retracts from the rear of the sled with a flip of the switch on the remote. The entire electrical section opens on full extension ball bearing slides for easy controls access. IGUS track is used to keep all of the wiring neat and secure. All this is controlled by a JR XP6102 7 channel heli radio. The wheels are polished aluminum shifter kart wheels with Bridgestone tubeless tires. Not shown in the pics are the aluminum side panels which cover the sled. They are currently being manufactured and painted as this is posted. These will provide a smooth seamless look to the finished product. It also has ignition keys so only you get to drive. The sled only adds a mere 5" of height over the stock tool box casters. The cost of the box was $5600. The parts to build the sled were over $5000 not including machine work and hundreds of hours of build time. This would be great for the mechanic that rolls his/her tool box from bay to bay or maybe you spend some time at the track and don't like dragging your tools trackside. or maybe you just want to cruise down to your neighbors house and help him/her change the oil in the car. If you are too lazy to walk along side then just hop on and drive yourself there. There is no shortage of power. Includes all keys, charger for radio, component manuals, and an owners manual as soon as I finish writing it. Shown by appointment in South Tempe. Email me with contact info and please no tire kickers.

Hit Counter
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Wow, very nicely built. I think I've seen these at some of the Indy car races. Some of the techs with the more "wealthy" teams have some really cool hardware.
    You're entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts.

Comment

that thing has been around on ebay and Clist for AZ on and off for a while now

But yes very cool indeed
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

8120 ftw.

Comment

COMPLETELY useless. But yeah, pretty awesome.

Comment

not completely useless. you could wheel your tools out onto your driveway.

and REALLY cool.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Yeah, to save you the 5 seconds of walking ten feet into your garage.

Comment

sometimes its a pain in the ass to walk back and forth 10 times looking for the right tool.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                  Yeah, to save you the 5 seconds of walking ten feet into your garage.
                  5 seconds a trip over a day of wrenching on the E30 would add up to a lot of time.........

But I still agree. for the price I would rather get hookers and blow.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Nuts, but beyond cool.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

How much dose a full box weight in at? It actually might not be strong enough! (who know - but a full box weighs a metric shit ton)
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

My empty box weighs 1300 pounds for a 72 inch box.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          How much dose a full box weight in at? It actually might not be strong enough! (who know - but a full box weighs a metric shit ton)
                          George, even if it does weigh a metric shit ton, it has 375 ft lbs of torque to push it. get real.

Comment

that is so sweet. if i had money to throw around i would get one for sure.
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by whowhatwhere View Post
                              George, even if it does weigh a metric shit ton, it has 375 ft lbs of torque to push it. get real.
                              I was referring to the tires and frame. And I said "who knows" - I'm keeping it real.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X