Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sad day for Star Wars geeks everywhere

Disneyland is closing the Star Tours ride on September 8th. :(

There was a great disturbance in the amusement park force this weekend, as Disney revealed that the closing dates for its 20-year-old Star Tours ride would be July 27 (Disneyland) and September 8 (Walt Disney World).

The wife and I are already making plans to get down there this fall with the quickness, I have to hit this fucker up one more time before they kill it off. My wife's uncle is the director of construction and special projects, so we get in for free. :D

Ah...one of the only things that REALLY stands out from visiting Disney 12 years ago or so.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Check that Josh - article says July 27 for DL in Cali, Sept. 8 is for Disney Studios @ WDW in Florida.

Honestly, its a pretty dated and lame ride.
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Damn, then we're probably not going to make it there.

And I know it's dated, but I first went on it when I was 8, and it's always been my favorite ride there. Shit, the best part of it is the enclosure built around the ride, and all the cool SW stuff inside.

Comment

damn that sucks! fortunately i'm headed out there friday!
          91 m3

Comment

its ok they are remaking it, just like they did to space mountain. that turned out great. i always thought it to be weird that anything star wars was at disney... also roger rabbit, that was nowhere near a kids movie! disney should just have disney stuff there.

my family has season passes and goes entirely too much...

Comment

i've never been to either of the DL's, nor do i plan on it. 22y old, with no kids, i have no reason to go.
              Originally posted by BillBrasky
              That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
              Originally posted by acolella76
              i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
              2007 CVPI, stock and slow
              1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
              1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
              Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

Originally posted by ieatpeople View Post
                i've never been to either of the DL's, nor do i plan on it. 22y old, with no kids, i have no reason to go.
                Thanks for letting us know.
                1973 Bavaria

Comment

you must have had a shitty childhood then...
                  "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

Disneyland is awesome, it's even more awesome when you're rolling with a goonsquad from r3v
                    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Definitely a classic for me. I remember riding it for the first time as a kid in Orlando. I try to hop on it every time I stop by Disneyland. In Disney's defense, the newest interactive rides like Toy Story and Buzz light year are loads of fun. I can't wait to see what they do with the pod-racing concept. Should be pretty cool.
                      tasty

Comment

that ride was amazing. anyone that didnt ride it as a kid missed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Will_318i View Post
                          you must have had a shitty childhood then...
                          Agreed. My wife and I have a great time @ Disney whether it was when our kids were little, or now older, or the several times we have gone just the two of us.
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

i've never been to any of them. dont have any plans too. im definitely not crying about it.

im not a fan of disney. they have bastardized most of the fairy tales i grew up with. i grew up with the original german fairy tales on my mothers side and greek mythology on my dads. the way they do greek mythology is hilarious. but how they simplify the german fairy tales into these really basic, lame stories is just.. sad. the original fairy tales were constructed with several intricate levels of meaning, so that people of all ages understood something different out of them. they always had a lesson behind them, usually on human behavior/morality.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

r3v disneyland trip?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                              X