Anybody live in Kauai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody live in Kauai?

I'm here for a week on my honeymoon, and was wondering if anybody had some suggestions on places to eat, have fun, etc. I'll also post pics with my new canon 10D!

Can't help you. But congrats!!!!!

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thanks. I like your new sig!

Comment

Thanks. I liked the one i had just like it with my e30 in it. But i felt kind of odd not even owning the car anymore. So i was over where i took the picture before and got one with my corvair this time lol.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Take a ferry to Oahu. Theres lots to do there, but first: Go to Haleiwa, North shore and get a Kua Aina burger. Best decision youll make. Also theres a really great shaved ice place over there. Great surfing as well, some of the best spots in Hawaii.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
          You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

no.

Comment

go to the polynesian cafe near hanalei. also on the southwest side of the island there are some great hikes.
              sigpic
              king of bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
                Take a ferry to Oahu. Theres lots to do there, but first: Go to Haleiwa, North shore and get a Kua Aina burger. Best decision youll make. Also theres a really great shaved ice place over there. Great surfing as well, some of the best spots in Hawaii.
                yeah I love me a burger! And I gotta try this "shave" ice I've heard so much about.

Originally posted by jflower View Post
                go to the polynesian cafe near hanalei. also on the southwest side of the island there are some great hikes.
                My wife was born in hanalei, and here parents were married there so we're definetly gonna be around that area.

Comment

Update. Burnt the shit out of my chest. Got up at 7:00am and felt great for the first time in my life (not a morning person) went to tunnels beach and under estamated the curent and took way longer to swim back in then I wanted, kinda thought to myself "this is how you drown in the ocean" lol.
                  Ate at scottys beachside BBQ and it was the best pulled pork ever.
                  Took pics of the place they filmed that stampede in jurassic park.

Comment

Originally posted by jflower View Post
                    We got some "Ono" eggs Benedict there!
                    Probably go back for lunch sometime.

Comment

Oh it seems you are enjoying a lot there.Well congrats for your honeymoon.have a great time.
                      Cheap Car Parts

Comment

Kauai is awesome. Spent a week there last year.

Stuff to do:

-Waimea Canyon is absolutely spectacular. Continue on the drive to the end of the road to Kokee State Park to get some fantastic camera shots of the Na Pali coast.

-Hanapepe has an Art Night every Friday night. Nice way to spend a relaxing evening. There is bound to be some art there that will stun you no matter what your taste is.

-You MUST drive the whole way to the North Shore to hike the Kalalau Trail (at least the first mile or so) The drive is spectacular, the hiking is grueling, but the views are unbelievable. Don't underestimate the trail. You could die relatively easily. (I hiked it in a rainstorm)

-Secret Beach is here http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...ed=0CCsQ8gEwAA

Food:

-best poke on the island is at Koloa Fish Market. Tough to find (at the end of a boardwalk of shops just east of the intersection) but worth it. Their plate lunch is a great deal. Top it off with ice cream from Lappert's just a couple of doors down

-best pizza is at Brick Oven in Kalaheo. Right along the main hwy.

-best breakfast is in Kapaa, at the Kountry Kitchen

-best noodles are at Hamura Saimin Noodles in Lihue. James Beard Award winner, yet as laid back as you can get. About 2 minutes from the airport.

-best place to buy booze and gas is at Costco. My Pennsylvania head still can't get around this (our Commonwealth runs all the liquor stores)

Comment

^^^ what he said.

Also, if you go back to Hanalei bay, try eat at BarAcuda - really good tapas place with a great atmoshpere and extensive wine list. Everything made from fresh local ingredients.

For a beach near Hanalei try this "secret" beach me and my girl found using iphone sat maps.

Skip the fern grotto. The riverboat ride up Hawaii's only river was cool, but the hole in the hill with a couple of upside-down ferns in it was weak. Although there is a road that runs up the river that goes pretty far inland and has some great scenery to look at.

Also, I've heard that helicopter tours are pretty neat there too. If we go back, im going to do that.

Comment

congrats

e24 e9 e30
                            IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post
                              Skip the fern grotto. The riverboat ride up Hawaii's only river was cool, but the hole in the hill with a couple of upside-down ferns in it was weak. Although there is a road that runs up the river that goes pretty far inland and has some great scenery to look at.
                              Or, if you rented a Jeep, continue on past the arboretum and cross the river. Keep going for another couple miles on 4x4-only trails. Good mtn biking there too.

Don't forget PukaDog in Poipu/Koloa. Weirdest hot dog I've had, but the relishes are outstanding.

Since you're there, do you mind swinging by the WalMart & picking me up about 7 cases of Kona and chocolate macadamias?

Comment

Working...
                              X