Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Product announcement in the off topis lounge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Product announcement in the off topis lounge.

If the mods think this is wrong, go ahead and move it...but this product is made for R3V off topic participants.

Ground Control TOURING camber/ caster plate.

Features:

A lot of camber adjustment.
    A little bit of caster adjustment (enough to make the car go straight, not enough to experiment)
    Spring perches included (stock, 60mm, 2.5 inch)
    18mm more suspension travel than stock (important for Bilstein)
    11mm* lower spring height (I couldn't quite get 15mm like the dropped hat because it has to slide)
    Economical. (I don't know the price, but less than any other GC plate)
    Waterproof steering bearings, made in Germany.
    100% noise isolated, not a race plate with a stock spring perch adapted.

* give or take until I'm done testing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hellabad; 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM. Reason: because I type badly
    Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
    Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
    Ground Control facebook page

yummy. send me a set please. I need a set for the race car to replace the crash plates I have ran for the past 3 years

Comment

Looks cool Jay.

Comment

Coolio. How much road noise is added with the regular plates?
        Last edited by Wh33lhop; 07-21-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
          Coolio. How much road noise is added with the regular plates?
          No noise is actually ADDED, however the strut shaft intentionally goes through a bearing, so noises from strut oil, wheel bearings, brake calipers, tire huim etc. is more directly transmitted.

But to put it in perspective, if you roll your window down 1 inch, that would make more noise.
          Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
          Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.

Comment

I'll take 1 pair.

Comment

NIce work GC!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Hellabad=Ground Control?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I may be very stupid, but I thought that stock plates also had bearings in them?
                  Interested, in any case, pending price.

Comment

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
                    I may be very stupid, but I thought that stock plates also had bearings in them?
                    They do, the bearing is isolated from the car by rubber.

Since my car is 95% street, very interested in these also.
                    1973 Bavaria

Comment

Im interested! Ive got my first set of GC plates still. 2 sets of needle bearings have been eaten up by them. I gave up :(

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                        Im interested! Ive got my first set of GC plates still. 2 sets of needle bearings have been eaten up by them. I gave up :(

Call me. I bet we can fix it in 5 minutes. The CCP spacers need to be rearranged, thats all it can be. The needle bearings are rated for 9,870 lbs constant load each, and an e30 just wont put near that much force on them.

530 677 8600.

ask for Jay
                        Last edited by Hellabad; 07-22-2010, 08:58 AM.
                        Ground Control Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Hellabad View Post
                          Call me. I bet we can fix it in 5 minutes. The CCP spacers need to be rearranged, thats all it can be. The needle bearings are rated for 9,870 lbs constant load each, and an e30 just wont put near that much force on them.

530 677 8600.

ask for Jay
                          Thanks Jay. Ive called and talked to you before, I pulled the Treehouse card though when I worked there. Its not a huge deal they arent even on the car anymore. But I will need to call and get the revised stuff soon. Hell I'll probably just call and get coilovers too when I do call. Dont worry, I only use Ground Control. Fuck everything else. Been using your shit since high school on my Civic. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellabad View Post
                            No noise is actually ADDED, however the strut shaft intentionally goes through a bearing, so noises from strut oil, wheel bearings, brake calipers, tire huim etc. is more directly transmitted.

But to put it in perspective, if you roll your window down 1 inch, that would make more noise.
                            Yes thanks, I get the concept. There's no rubber insulation between the strut shaft and the body of the car, which when compared to stock strut mounts will amplify road and other misc noises. So, call it whatever you want, the result is additional noise.

Cracked windows aren't really a good basis of comparison, I just wanted to know if it was a nontrivial difference from stock mounts (or these plates) to pillow ball/spherical bearing style camber plates. I've heard yes and no, I'd imagine yes. I've got a set of GC plates already but I don't have a good control group since I never had good condition struts with stock mounts.

Comment

wanna make a deal for highschoolers?

lets say $50 bucks and then I rock a big sticker on my right fender

But great product, looks boss

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Working...
                              X