Where/how to buy Microsoft Office - student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where/how to buy Microsoft Office - student

Use short words because I'm old and non-computer-literate. For example I buy used CD's because I don't know how to steal MP3's online.

Anyway, is there any way to get a legit install of MS office any cheaper than downloaded from the MS website? I have two teenagers with valid student ID in my household and need Office on 2 computers. Any ideas?

You gotta help me because Mrs. Funcrew is stressed out about it and I might not get any sugar until it's taken care of.
    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

download and install this
    Download Vuze - Azureus for free. An extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Vuze (formerly Azureus) is an extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Search and download torrent files.

then go here and search for it
    Kampus Yang Bergerak Di Dunia Design Grafis Dan Ilmu Teknologi Terbaru Saat Ini Yang Memungkinkan Mendapatkan Pelajaran Dan Sertifikat Dari Kampus Yang Berakreditas A.

once downloaded, follow the readme directions in the downloaded item.

feel free to PM me any questions. this also solves your mp3 dilemma.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

You don't get any spam? :D

Comment

no
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Was meant for OP, my bad.

Comment

There is a FREE version of Microsoft office. ;) It's called "Open Office" - use that. It's exactly what you want.

Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

also Google Docs. its free and accessible anywhere with web.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                There is a FREE version of Microsoft office. ;) It's called "Open Office" - use that. It's exactly what you want.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...5gCQ7hrmdzzMXw
                That's not actually Microsoft Office it is made by Sun Micro systems. It works though.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

^hence the wink. It looks and feels like a slightly older version of office.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    download and install this
                    Download Vuze - Azureus for free. An extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Vuze (formerly Azureus) is an extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Search and download torrent files.

then go here and search for it
                    www.piratebay.org

once downloaded, follow the readme directions in the downloaded item.

feel free to PM me any questions. this also solves your mp3 dilemma.
                    Oh God don't do this. Azureus is a bloated piece of spyware shit and Piratebay will get the Fed's looking for you.

Open Office sucks. Google Docs gets my vote.

Comment

College bookstore? student pricing FTW
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

+1 on what Jean said. If you don't specifically need Office, I'd download Open Office like George Graves said. Essentially the same programs as Microsoft Office, but completely free!

Comment

Thanks to all for your replies up to this point. Some sugar was doled out based on the potential progress from this thread.

I use open office grudgingly but Mrs. F can't stand it.

Still looking for ideas on actual paid-for MS office. Promotions, coupons, discount codes, back-to-school specials, etc. I know that college students aren't paying $79 for this thing.
                          Last edited by funcrew; 08-25-2010, 07:24 AM.
                          "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                            I know that college students aren't paying $79 for this thing.
                            it's actually $150. and you're right, typically they don't pay for it. Their parents pay for it to come preinstalled on their cheap ass dell laptop or overpriced macbook so they can take it to school with them.

Or they steal it, like most of the world.
                            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Pony up. Its worth it. Dont get ripped off Office software.

Comment

Working...
                              X