• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by AllydNYC View Post
    Mt Lemon, Tuscon, Arizona:
    Killer, ive been meaning to take the Repsol down to Mt lemon, i hear its awesome

Leave a comment:

• AllydNYC
    replied
    Ayyyyyyyyy

I have a 2005 SV650S and a 2007 SV1000S.

I have the 650 for 3 years. I used it for everything including commuting up until 1 1/2 years ago. Racked up about 18,000 miles on it. Now that I carpool everyday I really enjoy riding it on the weekends when I get a chance. A lot more fun than the 1000. I like the sound of it too. However it's hard to deal with that exhaust on a long trips even with earplugs and music going (intercom).

Mt Lemon, Tuscon, Arizona:

I purchased the 1000 almost 2 years ago. It was my realistic dream bike. I primly use it for trips. Here's a thread showing me refreshing it up to go to LA: http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthr...034&highlight=
    I also did a Four Corners trip with it. I went through Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Have about 7,500 miles on the saddle with the 1000.

Pike's Peak, Colorado (Kept the saddle bags back at the hotel):

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
    Just swapped the rd's front and rear sprockets and a new chain what a difference. That 15/38 combo was way too short on the gears. Im loving this 17/38 now it just cruises so smooth now.

Downs congrats on the new pickup! Old BMW bikes FTW! Those cx transmissions cases are huge lol. Ive been contemplating getting an xs850. I rode my friends xs1100 the other day, and man was that thing heavy 600+ lbs.

I want to get a nice inline 4 that does not weight that much. It seems though that all the 750's are in the 500lb range though :(
    Thanks man, I'm still jealous of that RD haha

The guy i bought my BMW from actually does similar things that i do with these old bikes, he just picked up a huge load of bikes, one of which being a MINT RD, but alas, no money at the moment

Oh and speaking of XSs', I've got one of those too lol, havent even started on that one yet, but I can attest that they are MASSIVE compared to something like your RD or my lil CB360, I loaded and unloaded this 750 off my truck without brakes by myself, it was terrifying.

bad shot of it, but its been crammed in the back of my garage while i finish up these other bikes

Leave a comment:

• e30 gangsta
    replied
    Just swapped the rd's front and rear sprockets and a new chain what a difference. That 15/38 combo was way too short on the gears. Im loving this 17/38 now it just cruises so smooth now.

Downs congrats on the new pickup! Old BMW bikes FTW! Those cx transmissions cases are huge lol. Ive been contemplating getting an xs850. I rode my friends xs1100 the other day, and man was that thing heavy 600+ lbs.

I want to get a nice inline 4 that does not weight that much. It seems though that all the 750's are in the 500lb range though :(

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    From the Craigslist thread:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcd/5271927669.html

Leave a comment:

• TroyShark
    replied
    My bike and my neglected e30. Will be cleaning up the e30 now that the cold weather is here.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    So its been a bit, finally sold the lil yamaha AT1 cafe racer thing, the CX500 is coming along nicely, almost done with that one, gotta get the CB360T running right, then that one will be done as well, then I can move on to my big yamaha, the XS750, and then after that, full resto on what i just picked up tonight :D

So first, the CX, heres a before if you remember, bigger doofy bike in the back

And almost done now, just got the tank and covers back from paint, cant remember exactly, but it is a BMW metallic red, it looks the business!

And the next one, 73 R75/6, full resto planned for this one, in great shape, came with the fairing too (not that im going to use it, but still cool) and got it for a killer deal!

Leave a comment:

• Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
    http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/new...-investigation

had a CHP pull out in front of a motorcyclist, and almost made him wreck.
    that was posted on my riders facebook group. lol He shouldn't of stopped.

Leave a comment:

• ttrousdell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kickinindian
    replied
    http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/new...-investigation

had a CHP pull out in front of a motorcyclist, and almost made him wreck.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by mavrikno13764 View Post
    The problem was the charging system (very common failure point on the R6).
    He tried various RR and Stator combos, but nothing seemed to fix it.
    When I got it, I ended up creating a whole new harness for the Charging system that went directly into the battery (fused of course). Finally got that solved.

Next was spark plug wiring, when the problems started occurring he accidentally swapped some around and made the bike run on 2 cylinders. Luckily not for too long.

The last bit was the second gear issue that all First Gens exhibit.
    The bike would jump into neutral if you redlined second.
    I bought an 05 tranny to fix that problem.
    lol my R1 had all those issues at one point, those flywheel/stator wheels are a BITCH to remove, things literally fuse to the crank shaft

Leave a comment:

• shadowbethesda
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    ^specs?

nice ride btw
    Thank you.

1983 Suzuki GS750T. Dyna coils, 8mm silicone wires, Stage 2 jet kit, Progressive rear shocks and Vance and Hines exhaust, etc etc

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    ^specs?

nice ride btw

Leave a comment:

• shadowbethesda
    replied
    I'll play.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    My 09 CBR 600 was totalled due to a small ding in the frame. Looking back I should have bought it back, smoothed the ding with bondo and bed lined it.

Oh well. I did love that bike though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X