X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one other thing...
    Let us know how it goes!

Comment

75 kx 400 i race in AHRMA sportsman 500 class.

Comment

Looking at new bikes.

I know these are in totally different classes but the BMW rr1000 and the Triumph 675 both peak my interest. I have ridden a TT600 Triumph for 15k miles and feel like I need a bigger bike. Any opinions?
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
          Looking at new bikes.

I know these are in totally different classes but the BMW rr1000 and the Triumph 675 both peak my interest. I have ridden a TT600 Triumph for 15k miles and feel like I need a bigger bike. Any opinions?
          No one needs a bigger bike...you just want one. That being said....I drool over the BMW RR but I have a GXSR 1K. Will prob get a Monster down the road or a BMW GS.....just something easier on longer rides.

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
            Looking at new bikes.

The TT600 is a really gutless 600 (no torque). I really like the 675 and i think that would be a good next bike. The BMW prob has double the HP of your TT and may tear your arms off, it would be big step up from your current ride. Can you get a test ride on either one?
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Around here, BMW is one of the few M/C dealers that allow test rides
              (At least, back when I was looking. One place wouldn't let me test
              ride a used 1986 VFR750 - they said I could return it if I didn't like it...
              I was about 45 yrs old, and been riding on the street since 1976)

Comment

I am looking for an older cb750 for my next project.... Any of you have recommendations for better years ( i like the older ones much better if that helps ).

Interested in a little cafe 'style' with this one..

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                  The TT600 is a really gutless 600 (no torque). I really like the 675 and i think that would be a good next bike. The BMW prob has double the HP of your TT and may tear your arms off, it would be big step up from your current ride. Can you get a test ride on either one?

Yeah, I know the BMW is a large leap but they are quite appealing. I test rode a 675R last month and was impressed. The ride comfort left much to be desired though. Trying to get a ride on the RR in the next few weeks.
                  1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 42 View Post
                    Around here, BMW is one of the few M/C dealers that allow test rides
                    (At least, back when I was looking. One place wouldn't let me test
                    ride a used 1986 VFR750 - they said I could return it if I didn't like it...
                    I was about 45 yrs old, and been riding on the street since 1976)
                    It seems to be better higher up the line you go. Every MV and Duc dealer I've been to has a $14k demonstration model despite only having a half dozen bikes.
                    Im now E30less.
                    sigpic

Comment

Any ideas on how to get an intake valve unstuck? I'm livid right now, my bike turned over the other day, now nothing and air is puffing out one of the carbs.
                      Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                        Any ideas on how to get an intake valve unstuck? I'm livid right now, my bike turned over the other day, now nothing and air is puffing out one of the carbs.
                        I'd start suspecting a valve timing issue, like a chain skipped on the cam sprocket,
                        or a sprocket somehow rotated?
                        It's obvious I don't really know, but a stuck valve would seem like it is bent,
                        or the valve is way off timing and makes it look like a stuck valve.
                        If it's an old beater, start wit liquid wrench &/or Marvel Mystery oil (or Seafoam) to break it loose.

You should be able to see the valve that is bad - it will have tappet clearance way above normal if it's sticking open.

But if that's the case, something really wrong may be causing it (like bent valve or valve train not getting oil to that lifter - which would hold the valve open and would never have any tappet clearance on some engine types)

Comment

Just bought this last week.

Its a 03 zx7r. So far I love the piss out of it.
                          When I bought it the seats had some china lingo on them and the tank had a "gotham city" paint job. Both had to go very quick. Ive slowly been fixing a bunch of shit since I got the bike. I need to order some new fairings and a few other tid bits. Then she will be ready for some real paint.

Comment

Sweet. I have always loved the look of those. Seems like it's fairly common and not too difficult to put a zx9r engine in them.
                            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Always loved the look of those bikes as well.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

not mine, but my girlfriend just picked up this relatively low mile, well maintained 1999 sv650 for a song. it's fucking sweet!

bike:

biker chick:

:up:

Comment

Working...
                                X