No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some say the Ninja 250 is a better bike for an experienced rider.

It comes down to personal preference... but if you wait a year or two,
    I think both the CBR250R and the Ninja 250 will be improved.

I'd go for a used Ninja 250, and put the money saved into good riding gear.

Comment

if you get bored of a motorcycle, you are not riding it correctly.

and that chopper... fugly. Personally, i HATE them. but thats just me

harley, lol

Comment

After a week of riding my gf's 08 250, the only way to have fun with it is to break multiple laws.

I've never bought into the "all new riders should start on a 250, nothing more!"
        I started on an old honda 600, moved to a slightly newer honda 600, then finally onto an 06 honda 600rr after that. If you're careful, and realize that your bike WILL eventually tip, you can start on almost anything.

Sure, it'd be ideal to start on a 250 to learn throttle control and all that other bullshit, but I didn't see the point in wasting my time with something that I'd outgrow within a month or two.
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

well yeah, im even searching for a bike that will do 80 on the highway. i had lots of fun on my lil 360' for a full year. i only sold it to take a step up. i sorta regret it

Comment

Great, informative skim.

grain of salt:p

http://https://youtu.be/H8gOAzYchAE:ot:

Comment

I hafta call BS on this:
              10. Weather is not a factor in 98% of motorcycle accidents.

There are other things that have been debunked from that report,
              like the idea that bright clothes significantly reduces risk.

Drivers pull up to an intersection, look for cars, and if they don't see
              any cars, their brain says "all clear".

Pedestrians are slow enough to be able to adjust to that brain fart
              most of the time. Motorcycles - not so much.

Comment

just picked this puppy up friday wooo. Pretty freaking excited, but today was my first time riding in the rain(sprinkling). SHIT SUCKS!
                Attached Files
                Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                LSx e36TI coming soon
                Originally posted by s0urce
                Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                  if you get bored of a motorcycle, you are not riding it correctly.
                  You will eventually get used to a bike with pretty much any amount of power. Nothing says the familiarity may not become boring at some point. For some people, like myself, it takes a pretty special machine to keep me interested once the novelty wears off.
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

remember guys, counter steer!

Comment

New project for the next few weeks. Has to be done for an Event on June 30th.
                      As I rolled it into the garage,

And then an hour Later(about ten minutes ago)

For those Curious: 92 ZX750R
                      Originally posted by Vivek
                      I was wondering about the penis too.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                        You will eventually get used to a bike with pretty much any amount of power. Nothing says the familiarity may not become boring at some point. For some people, like myself, it takes a pretty special machine to keep me interested once the novelty wears off.
                        This, or a constant stream of modifications to keep things interesting haha.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I think its gonna take a while for the MV to get boring. Most of these modern super bikes are pushing 200hp out of a 400lb frame anymore. Pretty much any rider can find themselves on the ragged edge. If you aren't then its your fault.

This morning was perfect. Cool, clear and a light breeze. The girlfriend has been a pain in the ass so I elected to ride my mistress instead.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                            remember guys, counter steer!
                            There is no other way to turn a motorcycle.
                            People think they are turning by leaning, but that's because they don't know.

Countersteer is not what you do when you lose traction - as most people wrongly
                            assume is always meant by the term. That is a different type of countersteer,
                            and on the street you hope not to need it.

The countersteer that is taught in the driving manuals is used in EVERY turn you make.

Comment

Well, it's a little different from the counter steering I do when I drive too fast on gravel corners on sportmax Q2 tires. Unless there's some other name for what I do to keep the tail from coming too far around.

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
                              just picked this puppy up friday wooo. Pretty freaking excited, but today was my first time riding in the rain(sprinkling). SHIT SUCKS!
                              I love riding in the rain. full gortex / magic boots & gloves, and watching the oil cooler turn water to steam is just plain amusing.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                              Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
                                Well, it's a little different from the counter steering I do when I drive too fast on gravel corners.
                                Yes, same term for two very different techniques - that's why there is so much confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X