No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest looking for a late 80's/early 90's GS500. 500 cc air cooled parallel twin with no efi. Easy to work on, plentiful/cheap parts, plenty of smooth, linear power, and fun as hell. The bikes are really light and easily flickable between the twisties. Oh, and you can get them for 8-1200 all day long in really nice shape.

Originally posted by Ryan...
    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
      I would suggest looking for a late 80's/early 90's GS500. 500 cc air cooled parallel twin with no efi. Easy to work on, plentiful/cheap parts, plenty of smooth, linear power, and fun as hell. The bikes are really light and easily flickable between the twisties. Oh, and you can get them for 8-1200 all day long in really nice shape.

+1 Got a '02 with around 11xxx miles for 1600. It needed nothing but new fluids. Inexpensive purchase, cheap insurance, parts readily available, and low maintenance costs= WIN!
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone have experience with a 89-91 Honda CB-1? They seem to be very nice bikes and there is one for sale local to me. 400cc water cooled inline 4 and they sound awesome.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
          Anyone have experience with a 89-91 Honda CB-1? They seem to be very nice bikes and there is one for sale local to me. 400cc water cooled inline 4 and they sound awesome.

I've had a couple friends that have owned CB-1s and both enjoyed them. A 400 4cyl is never going to be fast and they (all 400cc 4cyls) are sensitive to carb sync and tuning. That being said, it is a Honda so its a solid bike.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Here are mine...

Sport

Naked

Really Naked

Comment

I'm considering selling my gixxer for something different, I really want to get out of the whole high performance inline 4's thing and get something a touch more upright and overall more fun to boot around in town with some decent highway performance.

What would you guys value a 2009 GSXR 750 at, with a cat delete slip-on, Power Commander 5, and 12000KM. Regular maintenance up to date.
              1990 332i, 4 door
              2008 KTM 990 Superduke
              2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
              2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
              2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Originally posted by kuh pahl View Post
                Here are mine...

Sport

Naked

Really Naked

You, sir, are winning at life.

The 675 is my all time favorite in the graphite grey. The Monster is my second favorite.

Comment

^^ Thanks boss.

Comment

Here's my S1000RR--

Comment

Originally posted by kuh pahl View Post
                      What did this start as? I love it.
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Anyone interested in the new ninja 300?

Comment

What is it with bikes with no front brakes? seriously.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

What did this start as? I love it.
                            Lof8-

It started out as a KZ400. I modified a Triumph pre-unit hardtail that I welded on the frame and dropped in a 440 engine. Then I fabbed the rest and put it all together...
                            Last edited by kuh pahl; 10-25-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                                Here's my S1000RR--

ughh...oh yeah just rub it in.

What stopped me was the $450/month insurance. Do you pay anything like that?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X