1981 VW caddy high idle.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    No dude this thing is too fucked. I just want it to run lol. I'm pretty sure nothing fucking works with thhe system. Carb is just the easy way out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    C'mon, Danny. You've driveway t-charged an m42. You could OWN CIS.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    BAM!!!!!

    Welcome to the natural home for 1.8t 20v Tuning. Custom tuning. Linked 4WD Vtech Dyno, Performance Parts. Garrett . Nortech Manifolds. Turbosmart . Supertech. Forged Rods . Big Turbo Specialists.




    carbs are a bitch to get all around power from and suck gas like a fat girl on coolwhip.

    it can be done, but you wont be entirely happy with the results. also cali will frown on it.

    how did the other throttle plate work out?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Any other insight?

    Leave a comment:


  • OrganicMechanic
    replied
    spend it--

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Okay this CIS injection is kicking my ass, any thoughts on doing a carb conversion? I've found kits online to the tune of about 400 bucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • ansonivan
    replied
    Have you located the idle screw on the throttle body yet? I've seen two types: one has a hex head which protrudes from the throttle body, the other uses a flat head screw driver slot and is flush or sunk into the throttle body.

    Checked ignition timing? That can cause a high idle as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • lennon
    replied
    Not trying to threadjack, sorry, seems like some people with some CIS knowledge in this thread. I'm working on a Mercedes 560SL at work, anyone know where to get a new fuel distributor diaphragm?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    No its not, I'll just have to take a trip to the junkyard tomorrow and see what I can find.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Should I even bother putting the fuel distributor/afm thing back in or should I just go pick up a new one?
    Good point. Someone's obviously been tampering with it. You could at least obtain a new idle mixture screw from a second hand unit. Then again yours is probably laying in the bottom of the air box somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Should I even bother putting the fuel distributor/afm thing back in or should I just go pick up a new one?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    IIRC the TB idle adjuster is on the back facing the firewall, and may be "tamper proof". By the way, we're assuming here that your throttle plates are in the fully closed position at idle.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryann; 11-15-2010, 08:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    There is no mixture screw in the AFMtypething with the fuel distribution block. Should I even bother putting the one with the missing mixture screw back in or just go grab one with one?

    Where is the idle adjustment on the throttle body?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    I am not sure. But I have found there is no idle adjuster at all, its gone. I can see right through the hole where it should be. Think that's my issue?
    The idle mixture adjuster in the injection control unit or the idle speed adjustment screw on the throttle body?

    If the plunger is gummy and hanging up inside the distributor or some asshole fucked with/lost the idle mixture screw in the injection unit it's possible that they compensated for it by messing with the idle adjuster screw at the throttle body. If you look at the diagram I just put up you'll see that the idle mixture adjustment just plays with the relationship between the airflow arm and the plunger. This does not affect idle speed directly so much as a/f mixture at any given idle speed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Although everything does move very smoothly.

    Leave a comment:

Working...