I feel your pain. I'm trying to resurrect an 81 Scirocco S that has not run in 16 years. I've got it to where it will idle decent and run for about 5 minutes, then it bogs and dies.
Finally got this little tool to test fuel control pressures as I suspect my warm up regulator is out of whack.
Your Caddy sounds like it is the fuel mixture...especially since you are unable to adjust it. Idle adjustment screw and timing could be off as well.
I've come close to carbs, but I'm trying to keep this one fairly OEM.
Good luck!
1981 VW caddy high idle.
Collapse
X
-
No thanks, not interested in spending a bunch of money.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
if you can get a side draft manifold , ive got a nice pair of dellorto 40s off a 1600cc alfa that i will sell you. jetting should be reasonably closeLeave a comment:
-
weber 2 barrel is a good carb.if jetted properly it will run well. do you own a wideband O2 ? most carbs will run less than perfect before the engine is warm. i have several machines on carbs and i like them ,it all depends on what you think is "just fine"Leave a comment:
-
Electric choke is good, but damn dude. That's a lot of coin. Plus you'll need to use a different fuel pump.Leave a comment:
-
-
If you go Weber DGV I'd suggest that you
be sure and get a REAL Weber vs. shitty a Chinese copy. I think they're made in Spain now.
check the throttle shaft for slop if you shop used because this is a "special feature" that develops over time in the DGV's and creates nasty vacuum leaks.
go with a manual choke vs water choke. they leak and they suck and you're in Cali so your choke needs are minimal anyway.Leave a comment:
-

a weber progressive on that motor is like a hot girl with a 14" cock.......
it's just not right!Leave a comment:
-
With a little patience, a good manual, and and a multimeter you could sort it out and it'd out perform a shitty carb setup. In like, an hour. Although based on your pp's it sounds like some asshole tried to mess with it and fucked it up.Leave a comment:
-
did you ever get your hands on a fuel pressure tester for CIS?
start at the back and work forward........or badger5.......
CIS isn't that bad, it is just different.
i felt the same way when i wnet from CIS to pulsed injection. it is a learning curveLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: