Best 89 bucks I've ever spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 89 bucks I've ever spent

I just finished my freshman year of college and I've moved back home for the summer. My little brother moved into my old room which was the bonus room over the garage while I was gone, so I was forced to move into one of the smaller bedrooms. I decided I would get a new computer desk and chair since I was moving into a new room; my old computer setup was crap. So I found a desk at Office Depot on clearance for $58.

I went to Macy's to look for an office chair and came home with this.

Because of the tear in the back and it being a discontinued model I got the chair for 89 bucks. Regular price was $1500
    Jamie Webster
    '89 325is - sold :(
    '96 Miata - sold
    '01 M5 - sold
    '02 Civic Si

Bitch.

Comment

I like that desk, I need some new furniture for the apt. Might have to scope that shit out.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

i say stich it up and resell it. easy $500

Comment

That's funny, when I came back from school my brother had moved into my room as well. I am in the back of the house now with my own bathroom, so that is always good.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

that's crazy!!! nice deal. when i move in my apartment next week, I'll be hitting up Goodwill and looking for shit, and buying some posters, etc.

first time returning home, eh? You finding it as tough as me?

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
              That's funny, when I came back from school my brother had moved into my room as well. I am in the back of the house now with my own bathroom, so that is always good.
              Yea, I had my own bathroom, but he took that too.

Originally posted by rwh11385
              first time returning home, eh? You finding it as tough as me?
              It's so boring, I need to find a job sometime next week. I'll be home all summer, I don't get to move into my apartment until August.
              Jamie Webster
              '96 Miata - sold
              '01 M5 - sold
              '02 Civic Si

Comment

yeah man. a lot of us are feeling that. some people don't even feel like going out as there is nothing to do.

it was boring last summer, but having experienced college......it's so much worse and i miss it. and for those who think I'm just a big alchy.....it's not just that. it's so great not having parents and having a ton of friends surrounding you and running into them.....the environment, the campus.

I'm hopefully landing me a FT job within the week, so that will help, but nights will still feel lame.

Comment

Nights are the worst.
                  Jamie Webster
                  '96 Miata - sold
                  '01 M5 - sold
                  '02 Civic Si

Comment

I'm lucky the lease starts in May, but the campus will still be dead. But at least we'll have liberty.....and there are a few people there, plus townies.

If you really find yourself bored to tears or whatever, you can find a sublease on an apartment near campus.

One of the biggest things I miss is my roommates even if we didn't always click, and the other guys in the building. (Or if in a dorm, the guys on the floor) We could hang out and watch South Park, or whatever, but now there needs to be a reason to get together and hang out...... so nothing goes on.

Comment

I got my computer chair free from the side of the road...its basically a no name company lazy-boy

Comment

you guys suck, when I moved back I got my old room back suckas! oh yah I'm the youngest :P BTW nice desk I can dig it, just have fun cleaning off the glass everyday as it gets dirty fast.

Comment

Sweet deals on the furniture, but whats up with the cardboard, oil stainage area, or are those stains from something else :? [/b]
                          E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Originally posted by kansas-ix
                            Sweet deals on the furniture, but whats up with the cardboard, oil stainage area, or are those stains from something else :? [/b]
                            The cardboard is in the garage...
                            Jamie Webster
                            '96 Miata - sold
                            '01 M5 - sold
                            '02 Civic Si

Comment

HUH!

I thought the floor looked a little iffy

So thats what a garage is. :D

Only excuse is that it is 8am for me.
                              E30 325ix 62k