Remote control cars for boys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
    ^So many mods. You'd be surprised. Motors, aluminium parts, shocks, electronics, etc.
    +1 Even the gas rc's can be converted to electronic and soforgot.

For a starter, I'd go either Losi or Traxxas, they both have some great 1/18 scale and similar sizes which are great for getting kids involved, and parts are very easy to come by. Associated always seems to have their stuff as needing to be built or parts put together before they can be run well, and also their usually a bit more expensive for an RTR.

I also agree that this isn't just something for little kids. Just go to any crawler competition and find a kid racing, their all adults. My father in law owns a business doing RC's and while he has the basics, the majority of his clients are middle aged men who either fly planes or race 1/8 or 1/10 scale rc's.

Comment

i still race 10th scale trucks. ST rig is a base Losi xxx-t with a chameleon 19t armature in a 27t stock can(dont remember the brand) and its faster and torquier than my associated sc10 with a 10.5 brushless.

both trucks ahve taken a beating, but honestly its alot of truck for a 8 y/o boy.

that being said, the traxxas slash is a great starter platfform, rtr, relatively fast/cheap and there are spec race classes for stock trucks if he gets the taste.

as far as kit 10th cars, tamiya tt-01 is a cult classic, and are so cheap, easy to build and durable.

im willing to sell my race associated sc10 with all my gear for 200 shipped. im getting out of racing, and this truck/setup has gotten me two second place trophies in the two races ive run it in. i'd rather see it continue its winning streak than collecting dust.

i cant race dirt trucks and go drifting at the same time, the seasons conflict and the 15 dollar entry fee is gas to monticello. i raced at barnstormers which is one of the MEANEST new england tracks with lots of fast drivers coming out of the woodwork year round. so second place dont come easy ;)
      My feedback:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
      @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Working...
      X