CL: Idiot Civic owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL: Idiot Civic owners

This kid lives in my neighborhood and I see him driving around in this car with his fart muffler exhaust system. He's trying to sell this thing for $16k even though it's only worth $14k just because of some ugly rims, air intake, window tint, and exhaust. What kind of person has to have their transmission rebuilt on a 3 year old car with only 73,000 miles?????

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/2104741374.html

2007 Honda Civic SI, custom rims, tint, engine mods and more!!! - $16000 (Hillsboro)

For sale is my 2007 Honda Civic SI. I have had this car for about 7 months. All of the modifications have been done by myself to the vehicle. I am the 2nd owner. The reason I am selling this is that I no longer want to pay for the car insurance and the car payment. Hence I am looking to sell it to pay off my remaining loan amount.

The car has 73xxx miles on it and running strong. The car is out of warranty with the exception of the powertrain. I just had the transmission rebuilt about 4000 miles ago by Reliable Transmission (have papers to prove it). The warranty covers it until October of 2013 or about 94xxx miles. (24k mile warranty at time of repair)

Habanero Red Color

The car has the following mods done to it :

Magnaflow Catback System
    Ingen Cold Air Intake
    Window tint to the rear and front windows
    Toyo Tires (plenty of tread left on them)
    Custom Foose Rims (18 inches, have minor curb rash to them, also have a 5th spare foose rim in flawless condition, never used

Pushing roughly 230 HP (at the flywheel) and roughly 150 TQ

It comes with your standard features that you can find at any new vehicle these days (stability and traction control, front and rear side airbags, daytime running lights, etc etc etc)

Here is a link to a review for those that haven't done their homework..

The SI blue books at 14k without the engine modifications or the tint. Firm on price as this is the amount needed to pay off the loan.

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
    i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
     - my friend, Número Veintiséis

I love when people think $1500 worth of mods increase the value of the car by $2000...
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I'll give $1,500 for the Mach 1 behind it.

Comment

Vtec

Comment

Most of the time mods decrease value.

He wont get what he's asking.
          I sold my Integra for $5800 when normally I could have sold it for 7k pretty easily. This economy sucks.

But Honda owners are far from the only ones doing this.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

who buys wheels like that? jesus christ.
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

So what was the point of this thread?

Comment

you think thats bad, I seen e90 with them shits
                Last edited by Supadave; 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling
                sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

mang mang mang mang

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
                    What kind of person has to have their transmission rebuilt on a 3 year old car with only 73,000 miles?????
                    I think this pretty much sums it up right there.... made tyte JDM doriftos YOOOO!

Comment

Does this make you mad or something? This guy will probably won't get 16k for it. This is auto sale 101, Get a car with curb appeal that some idiot will want to buy. Try selling it for a bit more then book and then drop a couple grand when they seem interested. They'll think there getting a good deal and your still coming out with some profit. Does he offend you that bad or something I don't get it.

Comment

The same kind of people that pull up next to a Lambo on a light, then almost kill the engine in some wet-dream attempt to get to 60 in 3 seconds, only to realize that the lambo owner is cruising at about 1300 rpm and laughing at the asshat.
                        They then troll the whole of the interwebs with their cool story (bro) about how they raced and beat a Gallardo with a car that has an engine the size of a mircowave oven.

Oh and this adventure adds $5000 to the value.

Comment

His car annoys me, and how he's trying to sell it for way too much money. I was also kind of wondering how the hell he managed to burn up the transmission and had to get it rebuilt.

Honda Civic Si's are front-wheel drive. How do you burn up the transmission of a front-wheel drive car that's only 3 years old and has 73k miles?

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
                          i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
                           - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
                            His car annoys me, and how he's trying to sell it for way too much money. I was also kind of wondering how the hell he managed to burn up the transmission and had to get it rebuilt.

Honda Civic Si's are front-wheel drive. How do you burn up the transmission of a front-wheel drive car that's only 3 years old and has 73k miles?
                            Maybe he never changed tranny fluid ever, who knows. Maybe you should ask him. That price is a bit high but, it's not extremely over-priced.

Comment

picture unrelated.

Comment

Working...
                              X