Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any input on Pop-Up Garages??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any input on Pop-Up Garages??

Did a search but couldn't find anything on these. I'm looking to get something like this...

Shelterlogic, Sheltertech, Arrow Sheds, Rio Beach, Camp & Go, Quikshade, Sojag, Margaritawille, Tommybahama

Car is in a garage for the winter but i only have that space until the end of March. Wondering if anyone has built one of these or anything similar. Any recommendations? Thanks guys.
    sigpic
    1991 318is S52
    1987 325i Vert
    1991 325i
    2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

It's been covered before, but talk to zmbluedevil(Levent). I believe he has experience with them.
    Matt

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I saw one of those in a post by either Levent or Vlad. You could try asking one of them.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Comment

vlad has like 10 of them.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

A party tent for your motor vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by ayemattyyy View Post
            It's been covered before, but talk to zmbluedevil(Levent). I believe he has experience with them.
            Matt
            Thanks!
            sigpic
            1991 318is S52
            1987 325i Vert
            1991 325i
            2011 e70 X5

Comment

Have two around the yard and one my dad uses as a paint booth. Pretty durable as long as they are properly anchored. Plan on changing the roof canvas once every year or two if you have it up year round.

Hung lights up in it last fall.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                Have two around the yard and one my dad uses as a paint booth. Pretty durable as long as they are properly anchored. Plan on changing the roof canvas once every year or two if you have it up year round.

Hung lights up in it last fall.

Thanks for the input, seems pretty sturdy. May end up leaving it up year round so i'll have to weigh my options regarding snow fall and the price of new covers etc..
                sigpic
                1991 318is S52
                1987 325i Vert
                1991 325i
                2011 e70 X5

Comment

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
                  Thanks for the input, seems pretty sturdy. May end up leaving it up year round so i'll have to weigh my options regarding snow fall and the price of new covers etc..
                  Ya snow can become a problem. Made a hole in ours last year. Instead of buying new tops though we just put up a new tarp on top. Cheap and works pretty well.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

We got one from Costco several years ago and had it up for close to 5 years. Anchored to the concrete pad it was sitting on. Held up well and didn't get any holes in it.

As far as snow goes, just knock it off from the inside with a broom or something before it builds up to the point where it breaks through.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                      We got one from Costco several years ago and had it up for close to 5 years. Anchored to the concrete pad it was sitting on. Held up well and didn't get any holes in it.

As far as snow goes, just knock it off from the inside with a broom or something before it builds up to the point where it breaks through.
                      This, or what I did was I got some aircraft cable, and stretched it in an XXXX pattern down each side of the roof, so it held the tarp tight, and the snow couldn't build up into a pouch where it meets the wall.
                      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                      All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

i was hoping these would seal heat in, but it doesnt look like it.

i was thinking that dropping both doors, installing some lighting, running a blast furnace, and i could have a cheap make shift garage until it warms up?

it seems to be too much space around the bottom though.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                        X