Mat sit back and relax by izthistaken, on Flickr

Which way is up by izthistaken, on Flickr
    -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
    1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

So I made another trip down to the USS Iowa last night. I pulled Painless Spency along as well.

Here is some of what I shot.

This is the stern of the last remaining steam Schooner, the Wapama. Sadly she is totally rotten and will likely never see the water again.

Light graffiti gone bad?

Victory ship S.S. Red Oak (named after a town in Iowa) Built at the Kaiser shipyards during WW2. (This is at the Kaiser ship yards as they stand today.) During WW2, 700 Victory ships were built here in one month.

These were all shot with the ambient light, nothing more.

Enjoy,
      Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

^ Sorry but quite a few of those are OOF, blurry, or terribly distracting compositions.

I'm sure it was a fun time though, which is what counts for us hobbyists.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

thought the DHS/Port Authority/Coast guard/Cops/Anti terror task force/FBI/ATF/ etc....... Hated it when your taking photos of and around PORTS and when there is a fucking Battle ship at anchorage as well.

Do you have a TWIC card or something
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
            ^ Sorry but quite a few of those are OOF, blurry, or terribly distracting compositions.

I'm sure it was a fun time though, which is what counts for us hobbyists.
            Uh, no composites. I did adjust the white balance and exposure a little with Photoshop lightroom, but they are not multiple shots. Yes, a few were a little out of focus, but considering they were shot at night, with a moderate sized lens, getting anything to focus sharply is pretty tough. A few of them have high ISO noise that I tried to minimize.

Will
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              thought the DHS/Port Authority/Coast guard/Cops/Anti terror task force/FBI/ATF/ etc....... Hated it when your taking photos of and around PORTS and when there is a fucking Battle ship at anchorage as well.

Do you have a TWIC card or something
              The place was deserted, and aside from one rent a cop, there was no one there. We drove around, and until we walked down the railroad spur, we were on public property.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

heres some of my photos from our night excursion, these are all un edited, because i dont know how to edit photos :P

heres some from the drift event the other night.

Comment

Spencer,
                  Those are pretty good shots for your first attempt at night photography. For a cheap and easy (However limited) photo editing program, use Google Picasa http://picasa.en.softonic.com/ It will allow you to adjust the white balance, and the exposure to some degree. The interior shots look really good. A few of the super dark ones could look good with a little fill light added to them. Oh yeah, Picasa is free.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Pictures look good. use "gimp" it's a full feature editor, like Photoshop but free.

Comment

compositions, not composites

Comment

Ok, since no one has posted any pics of the solar eclipse we had yesterday, I got that covered.

Note the lens flare.

If you look closely in the lower right corner, there is a solar flare.

Shot through a grove of trees, the filter is so dark you can't see the trees aside from the branch at reaches across the sun.

There is still a little snow there...

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post

Note the lens flare.

Will
                          sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

got an e34

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Some Boston landscapes.

Originally posted by cabriodster87
                                "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                                Originally posted by Kershaw
                                i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X