No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the one with the car and the city in the background.

Couple I took at a amateur boxing tournament. It was a bitch because my camera kept focusing on the ropes. I had to keep focusing into the rafters and coming back down to try and get anything in focus that happened in the middle of the ring.

They start them off young.

sigpic
    TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
    FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Very nice!
      sigpic

Comment

^
        I dont know what your useing for gear but check you AF setting for a combination of AF+MF where you half shutter press to get the AF then you can make minor adjustments with the MF ring, and when you have where you want it finish the shutter activation
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks!I am using a canon eos t2i. I have it where I can adjust the focus like you said but they move around the ring so fast by the time it would be right they would be somewhere else. I sort of started to settle with shots when they were closer to the ropes.
          sigpic
          FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Not all lenses have a manual focus override, I know my kit lens doesnt.

The way the camara does it's auto focus is that it focuses on what ever is nearest to the cam, in this case the ropes.

What you could try is to a AF point (probably the centre one) you think will suit and set the cam to AI servo that way it will follow the subject and half press the shutter button to focus and finish pressing to shoot.

Or set your focus manually, with half a press as you turn the focus ring with will tell you when one of the AF points is in focus. With a small enough aperture being not quite bang on focus won't be that noticeable.

You should check out this site: http://www.creativelive.com/ they do some great courses! I've seen an older version of a digital photography fundamentals course and it was brilliant, I'm nearly sure even seasoned photographers will learn something from it.

Comment

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

here is some of my work, fashion and product

my baby girl this xmas

one for Rocky Patel Cigar Company

Underwater Cirque Du Solei shoot

one I did for yuengling

another fashion

Comment

Thanks jozi, I will check those out. I wanted to get closer but they were already telling people to back up.
                  sigpic
                  FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Another option, Kick the ISO up some, close that aperture up some and switch to full auto focus and use the scale (if your glass still has it) and just use the old school range Focus to get what you want.
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

I was thinking of that. I was only at iso 400 I could have definitely gone up. What is scale and old school range focus?
                      sigpic
                      FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

dont shoot boxing in manual focus. get a good fast lens that way you can speed up your shutter.

Comment

^
                          Normaly I would agree, but when your limited like that just set you focal length for where you need to be in sharp focus and live with it. Hes not having trouble with shutter speed, hes having trouble with A/F locking on to things too close to him.

The set focal length scale is a street shooters trick and a old Wild life trick as well. This is a Olympus 12mm F2 Micro 4/3 its one of the few truly modern lenses that still has a Focal distance scale on it.

William Pitt-

Comment

Ya, I wasn't shooting in manual and my shutter speed is fine. I just needed to pick a space to focus on and deal. Still learning, thanks for the help guys.
                            sigpic
                            FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Pictures From Daytona 24 Hour Rolex

v dub bus by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_0278 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_0165 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_0021 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_0014 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_0007 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_9957 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_9956 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_9932 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_9945 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_9924 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_9898 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

DSC_9788 by Aidan Belmonte, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                ^
                                Normaly I would agree, but when your limited like that just set you focal length for where you need to be in sharp focus and live with it. Hes not having trouble with shutter speed, hes having trouble with A/F locking on to things too close to him.

The set focal length scale is a street shooters trick and a old Wild life trick as well. This is a Olympus 12mm F2 Micro 4/3 its one of the few truly modern lenses that still has a Focal distance scale on it.

heh I own this and the 45 and 75 for my cinema rig

Comment

Working...
                                X