Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boo fucking hoo Cabriolet.
    you don't need to say shit, or point out flaws, or any fucking thing

just keep the trolling, as you have what, 4k posts, and all i see is crap from you
    3 pedal club
    200,k+ club
    cabrio club
    port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

MotorSportMedia allowed me the opportunity to take part in their "Just Shoot Photos" campaign this past weekend. My job, to shoot the Rolex Grand-Am and Continental Tire Series races from fan accessible areas at Road Atlanta.

Just some quick background. I know the guys over at MSM very well, but I am NOT a photographer nor have I ever had the chance to really mess with anything more than a point and shoot camera or do any editing. I am a true novice.

The reason I did this was to help MSM promote the "Just Shoot Photos" campaign, which is designed to show the amateur photographer that you can shoot high level photography with a minimal investment in gear. Our camera of choice is a Canon EOS 30D with a 75-300mm lens, purchased on Ebay for $350. At the end of our campaign we will be giving away the camera and lens to a random Facebook fan. (MotorSportMedia

Here's what I came up with:

(please note, I linked directly from Facebook and some photo quality may be missing)

Any and all criticism is welcome. I'm pretty thick skinned and realize that r3v makes a living of tearing souls apart.

The rest of our photos can be found on the Facebook page. Please don't forget to "LIKE" MotorSportMedia while there so you can get in on a chance to win the camera, as well as other drawings coming up in the near future.

-Rich

Comment

Sorry for the sizing.. I've forgotten how to re-size in forum code!

Comment

And I use a Nikon D3100 and a Sony DSC-H20 point and shoot for when the graininess adds to the photo. I am by no means a pro but I like to learn. So take the ciriticism as people trying to help you get better. I like it when my photos are torn apart by professionals. Gives me something to work on and helps me learn what to and not to do.

Anyway...just playing around some more...

Comment

To be fair, this thread is not titled "professional" or "amateur" so it looks like you don't have to be one or the other eh?

idanity: Why don't you realize you shot a bad picture and say "Hey check my pic, I know this and this is wrong with it, but I'm just getting into motion shots! Next time I'm going to bump the shutter speed up and compensate with a higher ISO if I have to!"

That will be received much better than being a fucking baby about someone pointing out obvious flaws.

B/C thread:
            740!

instagram: @tonerrrr
            High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

Gearing up for the road trip. Took a little stroll up northwards. All criticism is welcome because I've got a lot of miles to capture. :D

(I'm no pro. Just a regular guy who doesn't know how to use photoshop)

Wow. Photobucket ruined that pictures focus.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                Wow. Photobucket ruined that pictures focus.
                I just thought of this, are you going to be in FL at all? If so, please for the love of everything holy take a pic in Copper Harbor of the 'Miami, 1990 miles' sign, and another one in Miami. I always wanted to do a spring break trip, start in Copper Harbor follow 41 all the way down to Miami, and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                  I just thought of this, are you going to be in FL at all? If so, please for the love of everything holy take a pic in Copper Harbor of the 'Miami, 1990 miles' sign, and another one in Miami. I always wanted to do a spring break trip, start in Copper Harbor follow 41 all the way down to Miami, and back.
                  This sign?

:D

Also, 41 through the woods there is an absolutely amazing drive to push the car. I probably averaged 70 through it just having a blast.
                  Last edited by TurboJake; 04-26-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Haha I told you! You have taken 26 to/from Copper Harbor too right?

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                      Haha I told you! You have taken 26 to/from Copper Harbor too right?
                      I have not done 26 yet. I debated on it today, but didn't bother checking the GPS. 41 was too much fun and I just did that on the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                        you are getting advise.
                        for every 100 shots i take i post maybe 1. for every 20 shots i post maybe 1 is good and even less that i could say were great.
                        I feel the same way, shots that I thought were good two years ago definitely don't hold today. You get better as you go and just admire other photographers and do your best and always have fun.

I shoot my friend boxing and i get the ropes in focus and not him and a lot of the shots and you can tell would be great photos if not for that but you live and learn.

I try and bring my camera everywhere and have found myself stopping more where I used to just expect pictures to come to me. I mean sometimes random pics are the best but you do have to be patient. I recently watched the video below and thought it was cool how patient the guy was. Go to about teh 5 minute mark.

sigpic
                        TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                        FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Originally posted by idanity View Post
                          yes it would.:)
                          and maybe not say anything at all would be best.

maybe this is above your head, but that car was traveling pretty fast, i was zoomed in 200mm.
                          and in my learning, fuzzy pix do bring emotion to the forefront. it doesn't ALWAYS have to be crystal clear...in fact, many times its the point....like above

add on top of this, i have just got into "photography" with a DSLR, and an entry level one at that b/c thats all i can afford.

too bad if its not up to your standards, i like it...my friends like it (or not) and i get plenty of criticism from people i respect in real life.

if you want to criticize anyones work, just go out and do the same picture to your liking to show how poor a photographer i (*or we are) am, and how great you are.

show it by example.

thats all i want to say about it.
                          i know its a photography thread.
                          but realise, often photography is artistic, and brings a lot of things to the table that is above your own fat heads.

otherwise...
                          thanks.
                          i would appreciate your advice, and want to learn to become better.
                          What's your deal man? You posted a really huge photo that isn't good in a photography thread. If you didn't want feedback why did you post it? I don't claim to be a good photographer. I post stuff in here from time to time and people are welcome to say whatever they want about it. That's the point of posting.

I think it's useful to point things out to people for a discussion and chance to learn. IF you want to get better at photography that's what it takes.

I really hope your post isn't serious...
                          Originally posted by z31maniac
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Ive been known to take the odd photo.

But I also firmly believe the subject matter is more important than a technically perfect photo.

Likewise, you don't need the best gear to take a good photo. This is from my iphone 4.

I really like churches.

And anything that feels/looks old or has a sense of history.

Or anything that feels really clinical and/or modern.

And striking architecture.

Cars too

[img]

But live photography is my thing.

Not just big bands too though of course. Love local music scenes.

I tend to keep processing to a minimum, usual colour corrections, exposure, etc. I also shoot with manual focus prime lenses a lot (almost exclusively for band photography) and allow the natural or available light to be a focus. I find more often than not, you produce much better (and more interesting) photographs than if you filled the area with flashes. The photos of the churches inside for example were all just handheld with long exposures.

Comments are welcome :) I have a slight problem with setting horizons properly after breaking my ankle, it's thrown my balance way off and my senses are actually out because of it. So it explains why some aren't perfectly set :(
                            Last edited by Madhatter; 04-27-2013, 05:08 AM.
                            Just a little project im working on
                            - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

Pancake goofin

Comment

I prefer landscapes water features and wild life
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X