This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mrsleeve
    replied
    You really have gotten that panning thing down for high speed stuff well done blackbird.

    I haven't been doing much either here's a couple to keep the thread going

    Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr


    Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    A little old school hand processed film exposed with gamma photons
    Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRob
    replied
    A few more from the archives





    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    BlackbirdM3 this is all you lol
    Are you implying that I should post some pics? I don't really have any new ones, but Okay, fine.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	55305744847_70a61f3d83_b.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	10166229
    Click image for larger version

Name:	54916247723_8f6e877590_b.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	10166230
    Click image for larger version

Name:	54916281723_0315855aba_b.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	10166231
    Click image for larger version

Name:	54916360880_a114009b8a_b.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	10166232
    Click image for larger version

Name:	54916136674_eb71751654_b.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	10166233


    I should have the opportunity to shoot some more stuff in early October.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    BlackbirdM3 this is all you lol

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRob
    replied
    Just a few more

    IMG_8292
    2018 WRX through the trees by Robert Crespo, on Flickr
    uuid=C5E89F5A-777F-4469-A0B4-5A812204A92F&code=001&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc= true&cap=true by Robert Crespo, on Flickr
    uuid=A400AAD9-2A74-4130-B0F6-93064DACA5E8&code=001&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc= true&cap=true by Robert Crespo, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • TheRob
    replied
    A few photos from last years Ridge Rally. Shot with a Canon 90D with an old 75-300 kit lens.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Lemme necro this thread real quick and ask for input. I want something more compact and lighter than my old full frame DSLR and 24-70 f2.8 VC lens, which is just about 4lbs total. I was initially on the fence between going mirrorless with Nikon (Z5 or Z6) and Sony (A7 3 or A7C) but there's no weight benefit to if I run an adapter from a Z to my existing Nikon lenses so I'm pretty sure I want to go with Sony mirrorless based almost solely on size, and the availability of the 20-70 f4 as a great travel/hiking lens. I've noticed that the A7 3, A7R 3, and A7C are all in roughly the same secondhand price range and I'm a little torn between the A7R 3 and A7C. The A7C is smaller and lighter but not by a ton, and it lacks some of the physical controls I'm used to having used prosumer grade DSLRs for the last 10+ years, the A7R 3 OTOH with its super high resolution would allow me to continue to not dump money on giant telephoto lenses for the 1-2 air show per year and occasional bird I photograph by finding another reasonable 300-400mm telephoto like the 300mm f4 I got years ago for a few hundred bucks and just cropping down. Anyone go from more control oriented cameras to a more 'dumbed down' one like the A7C? I'm curious if I'd actually miss it. I've heard the Sony menu system kind of sucks compared to the Nikons and Canons I'm used to.

    Photos for the photo thread
    Lone Bison by T V, on Flickr

    Stuart Airshow 2023 by T V, on Flickr

    Fighting over a fish by T V, on Flickr

    Crater lake reflecting the rim by T V, on Flickr
    Last edited by varg; 05-30-2026, 02:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • spike68
    replied
    I'll add some activity. Heres some photos of the pups I took recently.

    DSC_1197 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr

    DSC_1281 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Man this place is dead. Kinda sad. Click image for larger version

Name:	271607228_10228888259177820_2403154927671443251_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DTnd-onGC8kAX_gNauB&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8xWbwUe0XBbCbV4Hhy6eBu5XO9ph7VPJkmPfji0HU_sw&oe=61E401FE.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	10042179

    Click image for larger version

Name:	271045600_10228865334444716_8711220136633246184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=yIFrzuhxVHYAX_9R3cI&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_yyMFj0zS7rwZLpip78gFlzvhOI-p3bhAOnsP4mWJfxQ&oe=61E48CBC.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	10042180
    Click image for larger version

Name:	271705350_10228907094768698_7657364637731354617_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=IwaskAm1eP4AX8NSadQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_YFs6M-s__h-_ziVAghMmv2L5amMIS8z5Zeed93Iq0Qw&oe=61E3CB4B.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	10042181
    Click image for larger version

Name:	271726150_10228907157290261_6033851587052791745_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=uQhapZfteAgAX8vjPnC&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-2QIvBsIX3u_oxGAv4o0XF1Yp5dgVLI53xQVO9hCQHig&oe=61E36F42.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	10042182
    Click image for larger version

Name:	245412484_10228907182450890_1368512550434103281_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=JNyeFfK4plMAX-5tS47&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-fVk3sQxwKQk5ebGrvyXpd7POdb4w_KdUwRbIhxzqr2A&oe=61E41D0B.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	10042183

    Enjoy,
    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    Very nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • unitedstates
    replied
    Omg you have a talent. Pictures are fantastic!

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Over the past couple months I picked up a D850, and a Nikon 35-70 F2.8D. The lens is more than 20 years old, but holy hell is it sharp. With the resolution of the D850, any lens that isn't up to par is obvious.

    I went out to shoot the sunrise over the golden gate bridge on Saturday. The fog was having none of that however. So I shot some other stuff.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	84288660_10222626704042855_1394566041241124864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=vgyncL90vi0AX_OEbZf&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=7b1ac37db921fd42bd54a28e09ac6f03&oe=5EC6C6CD.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	9901786
    Click image for larger version

Name:	83587042_10222626811725547_2325469180100345856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=vctdRgBcWOUAX9h3apn&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=c0657386fad2aefd380e60cca266412b&oe=5E97C3F5.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	9901787
    Click image for larger version

Name:	83606190_10222626954529117_833309129568157696_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=w1VqNM86X7UAX-pJPeR&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=7549e06688f4834ddb95b648b0b8e32d&oe=5E8E40BD.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	9901788
    Click image for larger version

Name:	82925482_10222627008090456_5634052826612105216_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=zqM24tn54hMAX_NreW7&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=2880fd2e767225a7b9cc9aaca8f07517&oe=5EC42F49.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	9901789
    Click image for larger version

Name:	82927371_10222627303057830_5860978664941813760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=W-SgZz1_slEAX9vE6d-&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=13d657757836ce1305906b7236c97551&oe=5ECF33BF.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	9901790

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Someone's been to two medicine!

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Picked up a 44-2 for some swirly bokeh.

    Like it so far, even for non portraits.

    20190820-_SRC4070 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20190821-_SRC4079 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20190821-_SRC4082 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    20190823-_SRC4089 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:

Working...