What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you collect?

So I know that we all collect BMW stuff, but there has to be more than that on the r3v. So, what do you collect?

As for my myself I collect militaria, mostly uniforms but some other related stuff on the side. Each uniform is a puzzle and so far I have 'puzzles' in various states of completion from WWI to Vietnam, the main focus being on WWII. The only real rule is, originals only, no repros.

Here's my old 'Collectionarium' just before I moved back to the PNW, the new one's much more clean, organized, and all-around nicer...

And here's my newest aquisition:

Its a German Army 1936 Pattern Field-Blouse as badged for an NCO assigned to the NCO Academy. Its real and its spectacular.

So r3v. Whatcha collect?

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Crazy. Are those appreciating assets? I'm assuming they are.

I collect V-Cards. BAM! Ring it up.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I used to collect shot glasses, beer steins and odd drink-related glasses. But now that I'm an not in college and married, I can't think of an "appropriate" way to display them. I've got a few hundred packed up in boxes in my closet.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Wow, that is spectacular....always had a thing for military bits, but unfortunately I don't have the funds to support that yet, hah.

I collect a lot of random things; no real direction at the moment. Mostly old tools and small machines. I have a 1925 and a 1931 Turner gasoline blowtorch, which I restored with custom leather seals as per the original and are in working order, although not for practical use. I also picked up a Mclean tractor from 1959, with an original 1966 Briggs and Stratton 6 horse motor, which appears to be a factory-retrofit. That one is currently undergoing restoration, as there were only 500 ever made.... I also have a variety of Tecumseh engines from 1970-1985. One of said engines is on a 1969 Rupp Rascal minibike. Was going to restore it, but for now it is campus transportation. Runs a 214cc 1971 Tecumseh H50 5-horse flathead. It's a riot, and runs hard up to about 40 mph, which is my self-imposed rev limit after blowing the original 3.5 horse engine in a bout of highschool foolishness.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
          Crazy. Are those appreciating assets? I'm assuming they are.

I collect V-Cards. BAM! Ring it up.
          Yes they are a generally appreciating asset. There is a fairly large market and certain specific segments appreciate, stagnate, and deppreciate along trends. I guess the best comparison would be to original art. I can say that the market value of my collection as a whole is a lot more than what I have into it.

I don't know what a V-Card is...

Comment

WWII is the most interesting period in history to me! Nice stuff..
            I collect James Bond stuff but nothing too crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
              Yes they are a generally appreciating asset. There is a fairly large market and certain specific segments appreciate, stagnate, and deppreciate along trends. I guess the best comparison would be to original art. I can say that the market value of my collection as a whole is a lot more than what I have into it.

Violin trading cards.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
              ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
              Originally posted by JakeP
              with a coathanger

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post

Damn, that IS spectacular!!

This should help explain the V-card.
                Term used to define one's virginity. All virgins have a "V-Card" until they "cash it in" for sex.

I think it's nothing to brag about that KenC is stealing little boys' virginity.

;)

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
                  Violin trading cards.
                  ^^^ haha. I have tons.
                  88 Zinno M3

Comment

On a real note, I collect and restore vehicles.
                    88 Zinno M3

Comment

I guess I collect hiking/mountaineering gear? There's always something else I just have to have

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
                      ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
                      Originally posted by JakeP
                      with a coathanger

Comment

Tools.
                        Last edited by BillBrasky; 02-12-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster View Post
                          This should help explain the V-card.
                          Term used to define one's virginity. All virgins have a "V-Card" until they "cash it in" for sex.

I think it's nothing to brag about that KenC is stealing little boys' virginity.

;)
                          Ah gottcha, so its another term for Behymen...

Comment

Snapple caps.(seriously) I started it when I was in 8th grade. I don't know why, just for the hell of it I guess. I'm unaware of anyone else that collects them, and i've searched around.

Last edited by VinniE30; 02-12-2011, 12:20 AM.
                            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

ex-wives

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X