No announcement yet.

The most crooked professions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought that is who were refering to. there are good and bad out there. it seems like they are more prevelant in us cars than imports though.
    mechanics have had a bad rap for a long time. if you have no ability to repair a car yourself, you have too put blind faith in your mechanic and that is where people get taken.

there are plenty of good honest mechanics out there though.

on the other side of the coin, my roommate is dealing a with a local brake repair shop who he had do a complete brake job and sold him old used rotors and drums as new and put the rears together wrong. i got to fix it for him....yea! educate yourself a little and you wont get taken.
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
      i thought that is who were refering to. there are good and bad out there. it seems like they are more prevelant in us cars than imports though.
      mechanics have had a bad rap for a long time. if you have no ability to repair a car yourself, you have too put blind faith in your mechanic and that is where people get taken.

there are plenty of good honest mechanics out there though.

on the other side of the coin, my roommate is dealing a with a local brake repair shop who he had do a complete brake job and sold him old used rotors and drums as new and put the rears together wrong. i got to fix it for him....yea! educate yourself a little and you wont get taken.

Yeah I hear you on that. The blind faith part get's a lot of people. The same goes in the exact opposite as well with a good, honest mechanic getting his ass handed to him because someone that doesn't know a lug nut from an oil filter doesn't "think it's worth that much" when they do a repair.

My next door neighbor had a similar experience with a local brake repair shop. They didn't even change the rotors, just turned them, charged him for new (saw the receipt myself) and replaced his pads with used. $800 tab for an at most $100 job including labor.
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
        Yeah I hear you on that. The blind faith part get's a lot of people. The same goes in the exact opposite as well with a good, honest mechanic getting his ass handed to him because someone that doesn't know a lug nut from an oil filter doesn't "think it's worth that much" when they do a repair.

My next door neighbor had a similar experience with a local brake repair shop. They didn't even change the rotors, just turned them, charged him for new (saw the receipt myself) and replaced his pads with used. $800 tab for an at most $100 job including labor.

This is why I always ask for my old parts back....
        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
        All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

landlords
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
            This is why I always ask for my old parts back....
            Fantastic idea.

I haven't taken a car to a mechanic (read: shop) without having my own hands in the bay or otherwise since I was 16.
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

non-denominational preachers.... con artists using religon to rip you off.

Comment

Prostitution.

Comment

Orthodontist.

Comment

^ Fuck, this. The only part about having childrens that I'm dreading.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                      ^ Fuck, this. The only part about having childrens that I'm dreading.
                      Sorry, you misunderstood, I was being suttle.

Comment

1) Politicians AKA lawyers one in the same 99% of the time

2) Sales people anyone trying to sell you anything
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

danny

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            Sorry, you misunderstood, I was being suttle.
                            Now you really are being subtle...

I was agreeing.
                            Need a part? PM me.

Comment

as stated before, insurance adjusters. their purpose is to fuck you and save the company money.

there are some with a heart, but in dealing with bodywork i have run accross some of the worst.

next time you think the bodyshop is screwing you, talk to the writer and see what is going on with the adjuster situation.

i have had to put used or aftermarket parts on 2 year old cars just because that is all they would let me do. the cheaper your insurance company is, the more likely you are going to get hosed.
                              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

orthodontists....lol i work as an orthodontic assistant and i totally agree!!! what they do in most cases any idiot could do with just a little practice...

Comment

Working...
                                X