What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do for a living?

A similar thread had success on the FAQ - curious to see how it plays out here.

So, what do you do for a living? How'd you wind up there? I'm curious to see how diverse the e30 world is.

I've added a general poll on industry - just as kind of a snapshot. Enjoy!
    IT
    11.17%
    Medical
    6.31%
    Business and Financial/Clerical
    6.31%
    Customer Service
    5.34%
    Education
    2.43%
    Sales/Retail
    7.28%
    Construction/Repair/Skilled Labor
    15.05%
    Automotive/Mechanical
    18.93%
    Art and Design
    5.34%
    Unemployed/Student
    21.84%
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

I'm the world's coolest, best paid, most trained delivery guy. We bring VIP's, important parts, mail, etc. to aircraft carriers in old, overpowered airplanes from the '60's.
    Not the tip of the spear, as the saying goes, but pretty much the entire shaft...

This is my job:
    sigpic89 M3

Comment

ibanking analyst for a IT commercial bank. feels good helping out businesses in all sizes grow and thrive.

Comment

inb4 gigalo
        Originally posted by teamdynasty43
        Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

I direct/produce/act in various films and projects, ranging from no budget to big productions.
          Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
          Originally posted by J3M93
          This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

I work on cars.

Comment

Right now I'm working commercial insurance for a wholesale brokerage. We find insurance for the bad doctors, the job blows and some of the doctors that get insurance through us is just sickening that they can still practice, but its a pay check while I try and find a better job in a different industry.

Comment

What is this work you speak of?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

As for me, I'm a member of management at a level one trauma center (ER) here in Houston. I actually started at this hospital system in a call center for outpatient imaging services. I later went back to that department in a management role and recently transferred to inpatient clinical at night. We're one of two level one trauma centers in Houston and the only one with air ambulance. For those of you who don't know what level one is - it's all of the gnarly stuff. I haven't been here long but I've seen some insane stuff. From what I hear, this is the busiest ER in the south.

I switched over to here so that I could work at night and finish school. I've decided on a philosophy degree - so that's what I'm working towards. I think I have enough experience in my field to circumvent the need for a specialized degree - so I'm doing what I want. Additionally, I'm happy with my work and my salary.
                  "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I am a master contractor, I can build a house from the foundation to the caps of the roof.

Edit: I also work for my Uncle's Auto Garage on the side and do performance upgrades and suspension work for my friends. Mostly Subaru(WRX, STi, Impreza) Tc and a few Civics.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I am the store manager of a Gamestop.
                      Originally posted by RUFFLZ
                      #BANDISNIGGA
                      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      Why the fuck would you ever put a drink up there? If you ever have a drink to hold, just put it between your legs. You know, where your balls used to be before you had a girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rau View Post
                        I am the store manager of a Gamestop.
                        lawl my first job in high school was a sales adviser at gamestop. is corporate still busting your balls about preorder quotas and gamestop magazine subscription?
                        Last edited by bmwstephen; 02-16-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I sell frozen yogurt :p

Comment

United States Marine
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

during the day i take care of condo cars here in sunny naples florida..everything from your basic 97 olds 88 to a rolls royce phantom....

then at night i work for roush industries...a branch of the more known roush racing...test driving new and prototype cars...everything from durability for cars currently out to fully camo'ed un-released cars...

should be starting classes soon at the local vo tech school for auto repair

Comment

Working...
                              X