good xbox troubleshooting link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good xbox troubleshooting link?

My faithful Xbox360 just died - power button lights up in the middle, but no red or green rings surrounding. Can someone link me to a good troubleshooting site?
    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

there you go!

Comment

Sounds like it is the power brick. I service Xbox 360s for side cash.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
        Sounds like it is the power brick. I service Xbox 360s for side cash.
        So does my little brother. He's 15.

& I'm serious lol.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
          ill keep my forza 3 over grand turd 5 thank you very much :)
          both ps3 and xbox had the same issues in the first few generations... so you saying get a ps3 does no good, he could just buy a newer xbox :P

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            So does my little brother. He's 15.

& I'm serious lol.
            I do more then replace the power brink on the cord.

I also solder in new parts and replace the eyes in the drive. Rebuild disk drives and the gears/bands. I also do modded controllers and led lighting. Personally for me I solder in new stick controls because they break after a while.

Systems I rebuild: Nintendo(all but Wii) Dreamcast, POS1&2 all xbox consoles including rock band gear.

I never saw the point of spending money sending it back in for repairs when you can do everything yourself. It is good your brother is in to it. He should learn how to solder, that opens SO many doors to repair.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
              I do more then replace the power brink on the cord.

I also solder in new parts and replace the eyes in the drive. Rebuild disk drives and the gears/bands. I also do modded controllers and led lighting. Personally for me I solder in new stick controls because they break after a while.

Systems I rebuild: Nintendo(all but Wii) Dreamcast, POS1&2 all xbox consoles including rock band gear.

I never saw the point of spending money sending it back in for repairs when you can do everything yourself. It is good your brother is in to it. He should learn how to solder, that opens SO many doors to repair.
              Well more power to you then.

I've just seen him work and not actually sat there with him watching him. All I know is he uses a soldering iron for the inside when he cracks the thing open and other small things that have to do with the disc reader? I've given him two rides to Home Depot for washers he said he needed, lol. So I dunno what he's actually doing.

It's cool because we got 2 Xbox's now. For free!(from being fixed by him).

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

why oh why does an XBOX break down like every 5 minutes
                sorry i dont have a real answer but why not buy a ps3?
                ive never heard of one breaking down. i've had mine for 3 years and not a single problem :)

Comment

ps3's memory gets corrupted a lot, 360's overheat easy, games freeze a lot, red ring is inevitable sometime in your xbox's life, and a fuck load of other things, I'm still an xb0x dude even though i recently bought a ps3
                  Originally posted by Jafxod
                  Fuck, I need to find me a girl friend for this winter to nestle my penis inside and keep it warm.

Comment

I have a launch model xbox 360 and haven't had any real issues with it. Occasionally it thinks the game disc is a DVD though lol

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

E30FEAR, i bought a red controller, brand new, and it just does not hold a charge. WTF is wrong with it?
                      sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
                      "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                        I have a launch model xbox 360 and haven't had any real issues with it. Occasionally it thinks the game disc is a DVD though lol
                        mine does that too, but other than that no other issues to report, had it for at least 2 years now, i cant remember if it was jan. 08 or 09 when i got it, but it has been reliable.

however i have had a chrager cable fail on me, that lasted for a year, but it started to not maintain a contnnueous power connection to my controller, and it would shut it off durring game play, very problematic for beign online. so i stopped using that, and am back to using batteries.

I need to work up the effort and go get a AA battery charger, and some rechargeable batteries. would save me money in the long term.

Comment

xbox 360, which has to be at least 4 years old now, recently red ringed.

:/
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

So I'm looking at PS3's on eBay, and there's old fat versions, slim new versions, and a few "backwards compatible" versions. The backwards deal would be nice since there's lots of good PS2 games around for cheap. Is the backwards compatible feature a mod? How well does it work? Any reason the slim new model is worth the extra money?

Educate me.
                            "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

From my knowledge the og fat ps3 plays ps2 and ps3 and the slim only plays ps3

Comment

Working...
                              X