Stupidest rules a you've seen on a forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    I love R3V - it's like a breath of fresh air.

/rant
    except for the short "no one word posts" period... now it's back to normal.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post
      for being from the states, you don't speak INGLITSCH very well

review your grammer then get back to us
      why does it matter?
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

One forum has a 6 month no buy/sell period, and you have to get 300 posts. Why does waiting 6 months make me a less sketchy person???

Another forum blocks swear words and bans people for arguing.

I don't really go there, I love r3v.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

/rant
          THIS. GG is right, and i'm thankful for r3v haha, i know some other forum would flame the shit out of me till i was burnt toast, and i'd probably be banned a few times, but r3v accepts all sorts of characters, creating a unique and diverse forum with loads of different taste/style and information. yeah forum nubs are annoying at first, but most of them blossom to become very memorable characters with a unique view on e30's.... and life in general!

:edit:
          not to mention the comic relief and the friendly roast's are literally to die for, i could make a god damn great book straight out of context from r3v.

Comment

"shit R3v says"...do it.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Bimmerforums....no swearing in Off topic. I can understand that in the regular forums but in off topic silly as all hell.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I don't mind rules as long as they are enforced equally. The interpretation of a rule can lead to some really stupid situations. I was banned for a year because a mod found my post to be full of hate. Some really racist statements have been made on this forum without any result coming from it. So no rules are not a problem. Moderators banning without discussion or warning causes problems. This was the one way conversation I received:

"for being an ignorant intolerant redneck piece of shit. When its clearly not acceptible here."

This just makes me all warm and fuzzy.
                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

back when I had my 04 F250 with the diesel motor, I got temporary banned for asking another member if he would sell me the turbo back exhaust he was removing to return the car to stock! Apparently you weren't allowed to buy/sell at all unless it was on the vender only forum!
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I used to be a E30tech regular but they have seem to have sold out there are so many adds on that site I don't know what I am looking at! But I also came over to R3V because I is just so much easier.

I see a forum like a group of friends I swear, look at naked chics, crack some FUNNY not dis-tasteful racisim here and there and everybody has fun. I don't think about what I say when I am talking to friends so I don't see why I should on forums.

Oh and that 3 letter thing is annoying BMW, E30, 325, 318, M20, M42 it fails bad LOL

Anyways keep up the awesome forum R3V it kicks ass!! FUCK YEH!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh god. I could go on and on about stupid rules I've seen - I'm sure we all have. I started out as a forum moderator - it's fun - but it's annoying sometimes. If you have 1000's of member on-line, someone is always having a bad day. And that end up in your lap.

Here a little something most people don't know....Generally the rules that are put up on a forum, the stupid ass stuff like pauses between posts, and non-editing of posts after 15 mins...all that stuff is just some check box option in the software. It's not some genius plan that the admin came up with to make the forum run better. It's just them cranking up all the annoying settings so that they can do the least about of work, rake in the most ads money and profit. Hey if a little is good...a lot if BETTER!....wrong.

If a forum sucks, it usually cause the person with the admin power either, likes playing god, or just isn't good at seeing that they don't need to lock every-freaking-thing down.

The setting regarding search (the no searing 3 letter words) is the admin being too much of a cheap ass to up their hosting - so they scale back the server load by screwing the users. Yea. real f-ing smart. Every hobby or industry is loaded with 3 letter aberrations for things. I honestly don't know what some of these clowns think they are doing.

It's really sad to see how many forums are run as a money making machine - carefully disguise as a user forum(the newer the BMW the more it's true - there is more money up for grabs). What even worse is to to see the users that have zero clue that they are just being force-fed ads, and that the admin doesn't give a rats ass about the users. They'll even stand up for the admin and advertisers - not knowing what a chump they are being. On the e46 and up forms, that the main forum advertisers, are the last people you want to give your money to.

R3v is (for the most part) has really good advertisers. And honestly, we shoudl stop giving them so much shit.

If you guys knew how much money some of the big sites want for an ad, you'd shit yourself. But for the parts companies paying it, it's a cash cow for them - so they suck it up and pay. Too bad for the users get shafted. Most of them are sheep anyways....I guess it doesn't matter...

I love R3V - it's like a breath of fresh air.

/rant
                      Perfect example is Honda-Tech. The admins over there are like Nazi, same goes with Evo-M I heard. Honda-Tech is probably richest forum online cause of all the ads they have. And if you have a problem with a vendor or talk smack about their product (even if it's true or an honest opinion) on either forums, you would get a warning and possibly banned.

Comment

A forum's quality is all about the mods. Even if there are ghey rules, if they are enforced honestly, and with logic, you can have a great forum. You can have a good conversation about anything, without HAVING to cuss, if that is what the rule is....

Honestly, some of the worst forums I've been on were the ones with no rules. Arguing, trolling, buying/selling at will, nonsense ramblings.... it sucks.

From what little I've been on here, this forum seems to be a good one. The threads are all on subject, and very little back and forth thread ruining arguing, and the rules dictate an "adult" place to post.

Comment

Originally posted by m73m95 View Post

From what little I've been on here, this forum seems to be a good one. The threads are all on subject, and very little back and forth thread ruining arguing, and the rules dictate an "adult" place to talk.
                          clearly you have not experience the real r3v.

Truthfully I love this place. best forum imo :up: props to those running the show

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                          Ig:ryno_pzk
                          I like the tuna here.
                          Originally posted by lambo
                          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by call me jack View Post
                            it's been a long day... i'll see if i can patch it up, but i think the ultimate message is clear.
                            it's okay. I'm pretty sure i was wasted when i wrote that, so I probably couldn't read too well

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                            why does it matter?
                            it doesn't. I like to argue and be a grammer nazi sometimes. also, drunk
                            Last edited by imsotyerred; 05-11-2011, 05:11 AM.
                            BRUTE

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post

not being able to post cheese pizza really bothers you that much?
                              Originally posted by HarryPotter
                              not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                              Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by m73m95 View Post
                                A forum's quality is all about the mods. Even if there are ghey rules, if they are enforced honestly, and with logic, you can have a great forum. You can have a good conversation about anything, without HAVING to cuss, if that is what the rule is....

Honestly, some of the worst forums I've been on were the ones with no rules. Arguing, trolling, buying/selling at will, nonsense ramblings.... it sucks.

From what little I've been on here, this forum seems to be a good one. The threads are all on subject, and very little back and forth thread ruining arguing, and the rules dictate an "adult" place to post.

You're still new here.

Just wait.
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X