Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost a great friend of mine yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a great friend of mine yesterday...

Honestly, can't say much. Attended the candle ceremony last night and I painted our senior benches at our high school. Lots of media coverage. Pisses me off so much how this happened, could have been easily avoided but that's just how things go sometimes.

Make sure you all be safe out there on craigslist.

In a nutshell if you don't feel like reading the news...

Garrett and his girlfriend left to go pick up a part on craigslist, the 3 teens that he met with pulled a gun on him. Robbed him, Garrett went to find them to get a license plate number, they went into a neighborhood, cars met side to side and they shot through the door, hitting Garrett in his shoulder which went through his arm into his chest and killed him.

I know a few of you car guys on here have met him, he was my best friend for 4 years through out high school. Not sure how to deal with this but this is just a reminder to anyone out there to be extra careful with what you are doing and when you are doing it.

RIP Garrett Berki.

-Spencer

That's just fucked up...Some people...

Sorry for your loss.

For those of you wondering:

"
    The Honda turned onto Fleming Drive about two blocks away, where it jumped the curb and crashed at the end of the street. The driver and passengers got out and ran.
    Minutes later, officers aided by a helicopter and search dogs found the three 17-year-old suspects hiding in backyards about a block away.
    All three were booked into Juvenile Hall on suspicion of robbery and murder, Rooney said. He declined to say if investigators had determined which teen was the shooter or if the trio had any gang affiliations."
    tasty

Comment

It's sick how stupid people are in this world. Grow up, get a job, and stop the violence.

Sorry for your loss, expecially in this way. I hope those people get killed when the cops try to arrest them, I am not for fair trial and a "second chance".

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Very sorry to hear this :(

I think in a case like this, the 3 fuckers should be shot in the fucking head. To kill someone over what probably was less than $500, they dont deserve to be treated humanely.
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Man :(

I'm sorry.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

May he rest in peace.

L
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Authorities identified the three teens as Rashon Abernathy, Seandell Jones and Shaquille Jordan.

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
              hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
              And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

Deeply Saddened to hear this.

Im sorry for your loss. Keep your head up, and remember the times you had.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

That's such crap :\ , RIP buddy.

Comment

exact reason why I carry a gun to craigslist meetings. I trust no one completely over the Internet. Sorry for your loss man. Truly unfortunate. :(

Originally posted by Ryan...
                    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Wow! Rip
                      My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

sorry for your loss. this is exactly why i am always armed when i do a craig's list deal and i bring an armed friend with me. i also meet them at a circle k or somewhere VERY PUBLIC when i do the deal.

glad they caught the shit bags!
                        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                            sorry for your loss. this is exactly why i am always armed when i do a craig's list deal and i bring an armed friend with me. i also meet them at a circle k or somewhere VERY PUBLIC when i do the deal.
                            +1 I always have at the very minimum a knife on me. I also meet in a Walmart parking lot or somewhere very busy during the day.
                            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

That's incredibly sad man, I'm sorry for your loss, and of course his family's loss. Such a waste of a bright future, over what? A couple hundred dollars.

I hope they spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Comment

Working...
                              X