New Ford F150 ecoboost torture test

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^

    run away diesel thats always neat :)

    Leave a comment:


  • QUKBMER
    replied
    I was waiting for this to happen ......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUkXriHjQeI&NR=1

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Sailor37
    pwned


    Will say I was suprised at the standard GT though I was unaware ford got it THAT close. I knew it had been making leaps and bounds but not that good yet. But had read about the Boss more recently thats all
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-19-2011, 06:21 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    You're an idiot. Take your foot out of your mouth, and put my cock back in it.
    hey man I actually OWN a diesel truck and on a few of the OTHER forums I belong too there are extensive threads devoted to that specific engine. Some of the info is speculation some not. What more can I say, you think the engineers know whats going on with their projects before the masses do???

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    You must be right, as far internally goes. GM must have been letting the rest of us believe it was still comming for a while after they axed it from the inside. There was still a small hope that it may still be released, even after it was "shelved" and just put on a hold just before the bankruptcy. Govt seemed like the final nail in the coffin after that when it was announced the project was to be abandoned then

    A couple of the big Diesel mags and a couple of guys that build the current 6.6 and a few that worked at the Towanda plant that are member's on a GM Diesel forum i belong to. Time line in my head may be a bit off as well, as when all that was going down I think I was working about 90 hours a week
    You're an idiot. Take your foot out of your mouth, and put my cock back in it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sailor37
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    yeah its not the standard 5.0 that runs with the M3 its the fucking 70k dollar Boss mustang that does thought we have been over this once before

    Originally posted by 87e30
    Didn't watch the video, huh?
    pwned

    Leave a comment:


  • 808BMW
    replied
    Originally posted by b*saint
    I dont know if I trust those factory dyno stress tests. Sometimes there is no replacement for time.

    Either way, Ford is the only domestic car I'd buy given my experience renting new cars.

    That's what they forgot to do. They shouldve had someone rent that truck out for two months. Nothing like turning on a car at -4 and doing a brake stand in a typical MN winter morning.

    Bingo, I work at a rental car company and we have all kinds of new fords. They look pretty nice nowadays and have lots of nifty gadgets, still make funny noises and have beat to shit suspensions by 10k :P My e30 still feels more solid.

    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    I dont know if I trust those factory dyno stress tests. Sometimes there is no replacement for time.

    Either way, Ford is the only domestic car I'd buy given my experience renting new cars.

    That's what they forgot to do. They shouldve had someone rent that truck out for two months. Nothing like turning on a car at -4 and doing a brake stand in a typical MN winter morning.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Pudmunkie
    Its not the most fun, that's for sure. It's not a lack of power its a lack of chassis. Lol.

    Sent from "just another rooted Android tablet"
    and BRAKES lol I know


    On tpoic: I am just not a ford guy, this is a neat idea. Just not real sure how its gonna hold up to the guys that buy the big motor in the striped out truck and use it like a truck on construction sites, ranches and farms

    Leave a comment:


  • Pudmunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    lol well there are not any gasser turbos that you could er..... should be pulling shit that heavy with. So yeah I had a hunch

    thats got to be kinda scary. Pulled many an e30 with both an s10 and 3.5 colorado, not something I really liked to do at all.
    Its not the most fun, that's for sure. It's not a lack of power its a lack of chassis. Lol.

    I'm a Ford fan I can't lie. If I had a ecoboost f150 it'd make a quick transformation into a street truck (lowered etc). If it had a 5 or 6 speed behind it with now extra tow package stuff and a short bed.... I'd sell my BMW stuff and my SS daily for it.

    Sent from "just another rooted Android tablet"

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Pudmunkie
    I dropped my post before I was finished.

    I don't actually do any heavy towing, I was just pointing out that you don't know who you're dealing with on the internet :shrug:

    I actually tow my e30 with a 4 liter ranger, that works plenty fine.
    lol well there are not any gasser turbos that you could er..... should be pulling shit that heavy with. So yeah I had a hunch

    thats got to be kinda scary. Pulled many an e30 with both an s10 and 3.5 colorado, not something I really liked to do at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • priapism
    replied
    This 3.5 is a pretty sweet compromise in the meantime. A 1500 isn't designed to do heavy-duty work, it's still a light-duty truck. The powerband of a twin turbo powerplant would sure come in handy when trying to lug a big rig up the Grapevine. I know Ford builds their trucks stout so I trust 'em to make it right :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • Pudmunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    yours does not happen to say cummins on the valve cover does it????

    I dropped my post before I was finished.

    I don't actually do any heavy towing, I was just pointing out that you don't know who you're dealing with on the internet :shrug:

    I actually tow my e30 with a 4 liter ranger, that works plenty fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by Pudmunkie
    Actually I do, or rather, would.
    yours does not happen to say cummins on the valve cover does it????


    I agree with that if you are gonna pull more than 8k on a regular basis you need a 3/4 ton or better. Problem is then why sell a 1/2 ton thats rated for 11k and then not expect people not do it ???

    Leave a comment:


  • Pudmunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    you pull a 10k pound travel trailer all over the country with it for many of those miles ???


    thats what I thought.
    Actually I do, or rather, would. Oh no wait... Id get a bigger truck that was actually designed to do it. Did you forget its a 1500 series?

    Its perfect (and better than a chevy or dodge) for 95% of the people that just want to tow their boat, or track car.

    Leave a comment:

Working...