New Ford F150 ecoboost torture test

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mullet Bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by LBJefferies
    When was the last time you were in a Ford?
    couple days ago, im a automotive tech lol i hate fords to work on, drive, sit in, look at, etc. but they break a lot so i love them

    Leave a comment:


  • Cong405
    replied
    Originally posted by 87e30
    I want that in a tacoma...
    Yeah, I rather have a tacoma over that titan. But supposedly Dodge is coming out with a diesel truck that is in the same class as the f150.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    LOL yeah I get that not saying that at all.

    Just saying there is a common 4cyl cummins swap out there and done all the time thats all

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmerteck
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    4bt cummins swaps are really common and make really good power and return really good mileage in smaller trucks and suvs
    Well it could have been a swap, but when it's at a gas station less than a mile from Nissan's Headquarters and sporting manufacturer tags I generally call it a factory test mule. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    4bt cummins swaps are really common and make really good power and return really good mileage in smaller trucks and suvs

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmerteck
    replied
    Originally posted by e30e
    I saw one of those at the pump a few months back, but the driver wouldn't tell me anything about it he just smiled, hung the pump back on the receiver and drove off while I was inside paying.

    I just hope it spurs Ford to offer their euro diesels in the ranger over here.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30e
    I want that in a tacoma...

    Leave a comment:


  • e30e
    replied
    More interested in this: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/19/c...-nissan-titan/

    Leave a comment:


  • LBJefferies
    replied
    Originally posted by Mullet Bullet
    until ford has someone else build their engine's/cars i will never own one. they are a constant money pit, the interior's are cheesy plastic and are just unappealing as well as their quality control. sorry mike rowe, i know you are just collecting a nice check but i couldn't back a turd like ford.
    When was the last time you were in a Ford?

    Leave a comment:


  • jason952
    replied
    When that truck is a year or two old, will the turbo or power steering whine be the loudest???

    Leave a comment:


  • LBJefferies
    replied
    Originally posted by Vince30
    I love every single new ford vehicle. They are making huge changes for the better and the ecoboost is by far the best motor you can have in a 1500. New 5.0 mustangs competing with m3s around the track. And I can't wait to see the 4cyl ecoboosts in focuses. Although I would like to see it more in the fiesta. Ford is by far the best american car manufacturer.
    And they did it all without a government bailout. I used to be such a Chevy guy but not anymore. Ford is really doing a good job of catching up to the Japanese and Germans.

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Originally posted by Mullet Bullet
    until ford has someone else build their engine's/cars i will never own one. they are a constant money pit, the interior's are cheesy plastic and are just unappealing as well as their quality control. sorry mike rowe, i know you are just collecting a nice check but i couldn't back a turd like ford.
    Originally posted by A Sucked Orange
    My greatest reasons for disliking Ford is their interiors suck, I hate the god damn giant blue oval, and they have no style nor hints of refinement.
    Spent any time int he new ones? They are certainly a lot better. Honestly the taurus feels a lot like the accord, but I dont' like either. both are HUGE.

    Leave a comment:


  • A Sucked Orange
    replied
    My greatest reasons for disliking Ford is their interiors suck, I hate the god damn giant blue oval, and they have no style nor hints of refinement.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mullet Bullet
    replied
    until ford has someone else build their engine's/cars i will never own one. they are a constant money pit, the interior's are cheesy plastic and are just unappealing as well as their quality control. sorry mike rowe, i know you are just collecting a nice check but i couldn't back a turd like ford.

    Leave a comment:


  • Axxe
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    and BRAKES lol I know


    On tpoic: I am just not a ford guy, this is a neat idea. Just not real sure how its gonna hold up to the guys that buy the big motor in the striped out truck and use it like a truck on construction sites, ranches and farms
    The 5.4 "workhorse" motor isn't much of a workhorse. 160k kms and they drop cam journals like flys. We have about 200 5.4's and they all do the exact same thing at the same mileage, and they don't see as hard a life as they could (biggest thing they pull is a compressor or light tower).

    Leave a comment:

Working...