New Ford F150 ecoboost torture test
Collapse
X
-
You must be right, as far internally goes. GM must have been letting the rest of us believe it was still comming for a while after they axed it from the inside. There was still a small hope that it may still be released, even after it was "shelved" and just put on a hold just before the bankruptcy. Govt seemed like the final nail in the coffin after that when it was announced the project was to be abandoned then
A couple of the big Diesel mags and a couple of guys that build the current 6.6 and a few that worked at the Towanda plant that are member's on a GM Diesel forum i belong to. Time line in my head may be a bit off as well, as when all that was going down I think I was working about 90 hours a weekLast edited by mrsleeve; 05-18-2011, 06:17 PM. -
A friend of mine was working on that project and told me the day the project got cancelled. It happened before the bankruptcy. Where do you get these ideas?Not really even with GM hurting it was still slated for 2011-2012 in service date and the towanda NY engine plant was tooling up to build it. Was to be an OPTION engine anywhere the current 5.3 fits now, so cars suvs and trucks would all be options for it
Really the govt is what killed it for good or at least in-defiantly and really pushed the volt though as thats where the agenda goes not to useful powerful and efficient vehicle that WOULD FUCKING SELL LIKE NUDES of Hanna Montana in a middle school. Oh not to mention you could do something with it.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
looks like hes out for a sunday drive in the M and is out pushing the shit outta stang seems like there may be a little sandbagin going on to talk up the stang.
I would like to have seen the M driven at the limit like the stang was.....Leave a comment:
-
-
-
yeah its not the standard 5.0 that runs with the M3 its the fucking 70k dollar Boss mustang that does thought we have been over this once beforeWrong. Mustang 5.0 ~30k. M3 probably 70kish.
Same 1/4 mile time. Within 1 second around the track.
On the costs of the Fords...wow that's pricey. Assuming that all of the engineering and quality going into the new cars is really costing them though. They've had to leap forward.Leave a comment:
-
Wrong. Mustang 5.0 ~30k. M3 probably 70kish.
Ummm 70k Boss mustang runs with 70k M3 whoa I should hope so. standard Stang still gets its ass handed to it by the M3.
Yes ford is making leaps and bounds, I thought a new AWD Taurus would be good for the wife. about 30k for a loaded one.....................NO fucking 45k. I bought her a nice Tahoe instead
Same 1/4 mile time. Within 1 second around the track.
On the costs of the Fords...wow that's pricey. Assuming that all of the engineering and quality going into the new cars is really costing them though. They've had to leap forward.Leave a comment:
-
ecco boost turbo V6 when put to work will have a hard time doing the same hard work over the long term as a NA v8 in gas form in a 1/2 ton. You want the power lower in the revs to work with and not eat drivetrains. If I was buying a ford GAS TRUCK it would have a 5.0 or the 6.2 just for the shear low end torque. That said it wont matter what engine you have in it, if you are moving 10k lbs its going to take the same amount of energy to move the load. That will = the same amount of fuel burned to go the same distance so its a moot point if you run around loaded all the time.I love every single new ford vehicle. They are making huge changes for the better and the ecoboost is by far the best motor you can have in a 1500. New 5.0 mustangs competing with m3s around the track. And I can't wait to see the 4cyl ecoboosts in focuses. Although I would like to see it more in the fiesta. Ford is by far the best american car manufacturer.
Ummm 70k Boss mustang runs with 70k M3 whoa I should hope so. standard Stang still gets its ass handed to it by the M3.
Yes ford is making leaps and bounds, I thought a new AWD Taurus would be good for the wife. about 30k for a loaded one.....................NO fucking 45k. I bought her a nice Tahoe insteadLast edited by mrsleeve; 05-18-2011, 05:07 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I love every single new ford vehicle. They are making huge changes for the better and the ecoboost is by far the best motor you can have in a 1500. New 5.0 mustangs competing with m3s around the track. And I can't wait to see the 4cyl ecoboosts in focuses. Although I would like to see it more in the fiesta. Ford is by far the best american car manufacturer.Leave a comment:
-
this was part of it, but the real reason is the CARB laws in CA which is why you only have seen diesel in 3/4 ton and up since 96 and similar from the feds that were on the pipe along with the uncertain CAFE standardsSo sad that GM and Cummins came up with mid-displacement diesels perfect for 1/2 ton trucks and SUV's that will never be. Just think of a truck that could tow as much as my 5.9 and still get close to 30 mpg...
Word in the diesel mags I read to is OEM's were reluctant to release diesel 1/2 ton's as well as they would hurt the 3/4 and 1 ton sales which they profit more on.
I know for sure I'd buy one of the 1/2 ton diesels if it ever came out...Leave a comment:
-
So sad that GM and Cummins came up with mid-displacement diesels perfect for 1/2 ton trucks and SUV's that will never be. Just think of a truck that could tow as much as my 5.9 and still get close to 30 mpg...
Word in the diesel mags I read to is OEM's were reluctant to release diesel 1/2 ton's as well as they would hurt the 3/4 and 1 ton sales which they profit more on.
I know for sure I'd buy one of the 1/2 ton diesels if it ever came out...Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: