Your opinion of "Children of Men"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinion of "Children of Men"

Im looking at adding it to my netflix queue.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

I liked it. Seems like a pretty accurate depiction of the way the world is headed. Good acting and story. Really gets you involved in the action too.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

yeah, it was pretty good. I'd watch it again.
      sigpic89 M3

Comment

Good movie. The action scenes are pretty intense.

Comment

Good flick...although it isn't as good when you watch it a second, third, fourth time.

Comment

I must not remember it well cause I recall it being fairly dull. And what's up with only one pregnant lady being left?

Apparently I need to watch it again. It's got solid reviews.

EDIT: according to the above, watching it again will only make it worse. lol

Comment

Seen bits of it, need to see it start to finish someday.

Comment

6/10 elbows too pointy.

no but seriously i thought it was a great movie. 8/10 at best.
                Originally posted by HarryPotter
                not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Worth a watch, not a Pulp Fiction or anything.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Funny I am watching that now.
                    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Didn't like it, the story had a lot of potential but I remember it being poorly developed and the characters were extremely shallow. I would have preferred a story like that to be well acted and written seriously instead of a shoot-em-up an action flick.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                        Didn't like it, the story had a lot of potential but I remember it being poorly developed and the characters were extremely shallow. I would have preferred a story like that to be well acted and written seriously instead of a shoot-em-up an action flick.

I actually didn't think it was so much a shoot-'em-up flick. I think the acting was superb for conveying the sense of apathy then energy from the main character. The extreme desperation was palpable. To each his own.

Worth watching at the very least. Form your own opinion.
                        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Who cares, it's free. lol. It's pretty good I thought.

Oh, BTW: Everyone dies.
                          From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
                          Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                            Good movie. The action scenes are pretty intense.
                            IIRC, it has something like an 18 or 22 minute single action scene with zero cuts done with one camera. Pretty fucking impressive.
                            Originally posted by Teaguer
                            Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Sun View Post
                              IIRC, it has something like an 18 or 22 minute single action scene with zero cuts done with one camera. Pretty fucking impressive.
                              Truth.

IMO, the character development and acting are so-so, but the shooting techniques used by the director really pull the viewer into the action. I'd say add it. I've watched worse movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X