So what's the deal with water bottles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    AMERICA is so bad ass we needed our own system.

Only you guys can turn a thread about water bottles into a thread about patriotism.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post

Only you guys can turn a thread about water bottles into a thread about patriotism.
      I did that trolling Mr. Sleeve for the lulz.

Comment

Canada uses a combination of both, they teach both metric and imperial systems in public schools. Road signs and consumer goods are listed in metric amounts but most construction and sizing is done in imperial measurements.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory View Post
          For the record, I love a lot of stuff about the USA. Lots of awesome stuff comes from the US. I also love things about Australia, just don't like the attitude that the country you were born in is the greatest place ever and everywhere else pales in comparison. If you were born somewhere else, you wouldn't even care about the country.
          Sums up my thoughts on Texas and Texans as well.....replace the USA/US with TX
          e92 M3
          e30 M3 s52 swap
          w203 C240 wagon (DD)
          190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyDope View Post
            In order to safely drink from such water bottles, one must stand in the shade on level ground and have a friend watch. I am not responsible for any injuries due to negligence.
            This is funny shtuff, Lebowski....

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

i just use a styrofoam cup each time i drink

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                If you want a container without any chemical residue in your drink, glass is the only one. That's why that really expensive european glacial water is served in glass bottles. Yet a glass bottle of Yeungling will set you back a buck. I say drink tap water and enjoy cheap beer.
                Why not use mason jars then?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  Why not use mason jars then?
                  In Va we do...errr...wait....we're talking like water water...not 100 proof "water".....NVM.
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Is your name Popcorn?

Comment

The lowdown on plastic use in water bottles:
                      Lots of people think drinking bottled water is safer. Is it?

A buddy of mine is a chemical engineer for a major plastics producer (remember how Sun Chips bags used to be really loud but are now not crinkly anymore? you can thank this dude). He only drinks from an aluminum bottle if he's out and about, if that tells you anything.
                      The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                      With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                        Canada uses a combination of both, they teach both metric and imperial systems in public schools. Road signs and consumer goods are listed in metric amounts but most construction and sizing is done in imperial measurements.
                        That's mainly because everything in north america is geared towards usa so that's why it's all standard. All contracts here are based in metric but have standard "equivalent" sizes (3/4 diameter bolts = 19mm, 150mm diameter pipe = 6" pipe, etc).

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                        X