I like cold watery beer. Refreshing and seemingly more thirst quenching.
What kind of Canadian beer were you drinking? I think it also varies by geographical location much like the US, what's popular in eastern Canada isn't necessarily the same in the west. Certain provinces brew certain beers.
Canadian beer being higher in alcohol is a joke
Collapse
X
-
-
I don't enjoy working on cars. For some reason I do it. I think it's cause I'm a cheap bastard. Therefore, PBR when working on cars.See and that point is lost on me. I dont drink stuff that is "not bad for what it is." Its not that I am some sort of baller that pisses champagne, I would drink tea instead. Ive never drank for the buzz, only for the taste. So If there isnt something I like there I will abstain.
For me saving money by drinking PBR would be a waste because I wouldnt enjoy it, it would be wasting money.
I do love micro brews though. Just got back form Bliue Mtn Brewery. Kolsh 101 is teh nshit!
I think deep inside there is a part of me that likes PBR....and I'm fine with that.Leave a comment:
-
Correct
Maybe that one year 16 years ago was an anomaly. See below anecdote from 1990.
Around the time the E30's were being made, Budweiser was 5% abv and Molson Brador (only available in Canada) was 6% abv. Had a friend with family in Detroit who would always bring as many cases back to Georgia as his Thunderbird could carry. General consensus now is that it tastes like crap. This was long before microbrews and front wheel drive BMW's and we were young and foolish. So naturally we got trashed on that extra 1%.If you run into anyone saying Canadian beer is stronger, they're just being stupid.
Canadian beer is measured in ABV, alcohol by volume. American beer is measured in alcohol by weight. The same alcohol amount will have a greater number with ABV. (e.g., 3.2% abw is equivalent to 4.0% abv) Most Canadian beer is around 5% ABV.
But what do I know, I smoke Parliaments.
Leave a comment:
-
I think alot of it is acquired taste over the years too.
why is there a discussion over which beer is the strongest anyway?????? isn't it really about enjoying a good beer. personally I prefer to drink a "weaker" beer all day long and enjoy it.
god damn kids!
the germans over here look at me like I'm crazy when i show up at shows and crap with a case of american Miller LITE, its nice to drink in the hot sun, and I can start at 7:00AM and am still O.K. at 7:00PM
my step dad told me they dont sell american beer in germany, the brew law doesn't allow it because it has additives and isn't "pure".
we brewed some beer at home, its supposed to be about 8-9% alcohol.
i like it, good to sip.
if i'm out drinking, ALOT, i stick to corona or heineken, if im chilling its more new castle or bodingtons, and if im at dinner with the fam/friends its gonna be a pretty hoppy IPA.
i like beer, but gotta seperate drinking to get smashed-sticking to cheap piss water, and drinking to enjoy the drink-spending the money to like the beverage.Leave a comment:
-
shiner bock when im wrenchin' and fireman #4 when im eating, and XX when im just lounging. Budweiser is what you drink to make other beers taste better. ;)Leave a comment:
-
See and that point is lost on me. I dont drink stuff that is "not bad for what it is." Its not that I am some sort of baller that pisses champagne, I would drink tea instead. Ive never drank for the buzz, only for the taste. So If there isnt something I like there I will abstain.
For me saving money by drinking PBR would be a waste because I wouldnt enjoy it, it would be wasting money.
Sounds like you dont like beer. Chilling beer temporarily deadens the taste buds, greatly reducing any flavors you get.Leave a comment:
-
-
If you run into anyone saying Canadian beer is stronger, they're just being stupid.
Canadian beer is measured in ABV, alcohol by volume. American beer is measured in alcohol by weight. The same alcohol amount will have a greater number with ABV. (e.g., 3.2% abw is equivalent to 4.0% abv) Most Canadian beer is around 5% ABV.
And that law where you had to buy some food to get served booze is a pretty old law, I'm pretty sure it's been repealed in the last couple years. Our provincial gov relaxed a lot of those laws for the Olympics.Leave a comment:
-
-
Sam Adams is the best beer that can easily be found.
Its not the cheapest but its consistently good.Leave a comment:
-
I'll have to look into it. Here, the hipsters have gotten away from PBR, or so it seems, therefore, it showed up in my garage.
I like good beer for relax time with the guys. Shitty beer is for car work, that way if you knock it over or get shit in it, no big.Leave a comment:
-
-

Leave a comment: