Canadian beer being higher in alcohol is a joke

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Axxe
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    Maybe there's a alcohol percentage converter from Canadian to American? You know, like the dollar.
    Yeah, about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeedler
    I think alot of it is acquired taste over the years too.

    why is there a discussion over which beer is the strongest anyway?????? isn't it really about enjoying a good beer. personally I prefer to drink a "weaker" beer all day long and enjoy it.
    god damn kids!

    the germans over here look at me like I'm crazy when i show up at shows and crap with a case of american Miller LITE, its nice to drink in the hot sun, and I can start at 7:00AM and am still O.K. at 7:00PM
    Agreed Mike. Corona, ML Coors, are all great leisure beers. At my age, with the amount of beer I drink, I need a LEISURE beer. When it's time to get plowed, it's Bourbon.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I drink PBR when working on cars. That means I can afford more parts for said cars. It's cheap, and not bad for what it is.

    Love Newcastle.

    Love Dead Guy

    Love Shock Top

    Love Hopsecutioner

    Love 1664

    Love Becks

    Love Heineken

    Love Shiner

    Absolutely love the local micro brews. Blue Mtn Brewery, Devil's Backbone, some Star Hill. Good shit.

    Once day gonna run the Brew Ridge Trail and get my t-shirt....

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    That is really the important part. You could always get a buzz, its just that some people (only some, remember that fucking 64 calorie beers are popular in the clubs) have realized that beer can actually taste good.

    Im one of them. Before the micro brew caught on when I was a kid I thought High Life was literally the best you could get, and it still tasted like shit. Its only in the last decade or so that I found out I actually like beer.

    I think alot of it is acquired taste over the years too.

    why is there a discussion over which beer is the strongest anyway?????? isn't it really about enjoying a good beer. personally I prefer to drink a "weaker" beer all day long and enjoy it.
    god damn kids!

    the germans over here look at me like I'm crazy when i show up at shows and crap with a case of american Miller LITE, its nice to drink in the hot sun, and I can start at 7:00AM and am still O.K. at 7:00PM

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    I'm the other way around sadly. When I am not drinking Bulliett, I am drinking ML or OG Coors. Bottled microbrews are too strong in taste to me. Micros on tap are good, but too hoppy at times. Maybe I'm a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, but as someone who throws alot of darts in alot of bars, I can't get used to alot of the beers coming out. Newcastle summer is pretty damn good, but it isn't really a microbrew. Hopsecutionor is horrible IMO, Dead Guy sucks. On the flip side, PBR is shit, Shlitz sucks as well. Bud in a can or OG coors when they are ICE cold are the best. COOOOOLD beer.
    Atlanta's beer culture is really just getting off the ground (as opposed to the PNW or Asheville), so I am looking forward to the change in local brews, and the aspect of Growlers. And please, don't cite Sweetwater as a micro brew. In Atlanta they rule the beer culture.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Stewart
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    People are realizing you can drink that something that tastes good
    That is really the important part. You could always get a buzz, its just that some people (only some, remember that fucking 64 calorie beers are popular in the clubs) have realized that beer can actually taste good.

    Im one of them. Before the micro brew caught on when I was a kid I thought High Life was literally the best you could get, and it still tasted like shit. Its only in the last decade or so that I found out I actually like beer.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    People are realizing you can drink that something that tastes good AND gives you a buzz.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281
    Beer culture in the US is booming. The PNW is part of that reason.
    I would blame it more on people tired of drinking water with beer.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by MarshallM
    When I was in Vancouver last year they could only sell you one beer at a bar that served food before you had to spend five bucks on food. And yes the beer selection was very weak, especially compared to the PNW.
    Beer culture in the US is booming. The PNW is part of that reason.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281
    This was not a myth 15 years ago, the US has just become more advanced in their beer laws. Stop with the stupid threads.
    As an old timer I can remember 16 years ago it was a myth. So what happened 15 years ago?

    Leave a comment:


  • MarshallM
    replied
    When I was in Vancouver last year they could only sell you one beer at a bar that served food before you had to spend five bucks on food. And yes the beer selection was very weak, especially compared to the PNW.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Beechwood-aged Budweiser has always been 5.0% ABV. In areas that 3.2 beers could be bought when you were 18, then yes, maybe Canadian beers could be considered way more powerful.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    For the record, I'm 22 and what is this?

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    Some of us probably weren't alive 15 years ago. This is r3v.
    Doesn't matter kid. It still isn't a MYTH. Ask an adult about things before posting useless threads, like in Bsaint's case. We are here for a reason, to explain how the world was once a better place without you lazy youngsters ;)
    Kind of like the search button. Think about how hard it was to get shit done 8 years ago... you had to actually ASK Nando for help, instead of searching through threads and getting the right answers, only to ask the same question again and have him go off on you...

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    Some of us probably weren't alive 15 years ago. This is r3v.
    Lol including you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...