No announcement yet.

My car is F#$&*(#&$ slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S38 swap if you want to go fast and look good doing it. Honestly though, once you've blown the doors off a 911 or two it gets boring. Yeah you can go stupid fast, but what's the point? 0 to speeding ticket in 5.5 seconds is lame.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
      so what would you say to m30 swaps? Bridge me the connection with the s50b32 = pointless. It looks way more period correct, has desired amount of ponies and can be done for cheaper than an s54 even after import fees.
      Why not s38 if going period correct? Can choose s38b35, s38b36, s38b38 if you are ballsy enough.

Or m88 if you want to be true euro and import old school relics

Desired amount of ponies is always 300+.

We live in an era of time that the Nissan minivan and Honda minivan's are ~300hp
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
        Why not s38 if going period correct? Can choose s38b35, s38b36, s38b38 if you are ballsy enough.

Or m88 if you want to be true euro and import old school relics

Desired amount of ponies is always 300+.

We live in an era of time that the Nissan minivan and Honda minivan's are ~300hp
        the s50 would be way easier install, is lighter and I bet way cheaper to put in than an s38? Don't get me wrong, Criv's car is going to a monster when he gets his s38 going.

Honestly dude, I think If I swap in a new engine Im going to wait another 5 years for the s54's price to go down or put in an sr20det with beefed internals to press the boost up to 270 hp or so. That I could do now, would be half the cost, way lighter and the engine wouldn't stick so far out giving better handling dynamics. Gasp!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
          the s50 would be way easier install, is lighter and I bet way cheaper to put in than an s38? Don't get me wrong, Criv's car is going to a monster when he gets his s38 going.

Honestly dude, I think If I swap in a new engine Im going to wait another 5 years for the s54's price to go down or put in an sr20det with beefed internals to press the boost up to 270 hp or so. That I could do now, would be half the cost, way lighter and the engine wouldn't stick so far out giving better handling dynamics. Gasp!
          s38 goes in just like m30, same mounts even.

boost the m10 or m42 if 4cyl is requested.

a sr20det stock longmotor can handle about 400rwhp for spurts, no build required for 270rwhp. S54 is no turbo and similar weight to an Sr20det with its turbo setup+ side mount intercooler sillyness. Sr20DET is not light for a 4 cylinder alu deck.

you would need a boosted up to 1.5 bar S15 Sr20DET+6mt BPI to keep up with a S54, but the Sr20 would fall off after about 140mph, S54 different story. I have had a lot of fun with SR20 :D

s54 would eat any s50 alive and be more useful than many boosted s52's on track/mountain/wangan pass situations. its even more lively than S38 or S14 or S62. it also has the parts supply chain support of BMW USA from e46m-z4m time frame, so the time to get things like gaskets happy with USA shite fuel is pretty important. s54 is pretty DD friendly for females to drive attached to SMG's, very popular in the bay area.
          Last edited by Wanganstyle; 10-15-2011, 01:57 PM.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

a sr20det stock longmotor can handle about 400rwhp for spurts, no build required for 270rwhp. S54 is no turbo and similar weight to an Sr20det with its turbo setup+ side mount intercooler sillyness. Sr20DET is not light for a 4 cylinder alu deck.

you would need a boosted up to 1.5 bar S15 Sr20DET+6mt BPI to keep up with a S54, but the Sr20 would fall off after about 140mph, S54 different story. I have had a lot of fun with SR20 :D

s54 would eat any s50 alive and be more useful than many boosted s52's on track/mountain/wangan pass situations. its even more lively than S38 or S14 or S62. it also has the parts supply chain support of BMW USA from e46m-z4m time frame, so the time to get things like gaskets happy with USA shite fuel is pretty important. s54 is pretty DD friendly for females to drive attached to SMG's, very popular in the bay area.
            you're good you. Stop making the idea of breaking the bank that more enticing.

Comment

S54 similar weight to sr20? put down the pipe son.

400 rwhp on stock internals or "long motor" as you call it would be temporary. I can gaurantee you would lose your head gasket (stock) in like 3 seconds.

WTF is alu deck? Jibberish.

s13 s14 s15 all the same, 14 and 15 have vario cam timing.

1.5 bar is well over 21 psi. and a six speed? please.

Just from your comments i can tell you have never been around these engines.

Turbo m10? 2 valve head, analog fuel injection, goodness.

Fall off after 140? not mine kid. not mine. Ask the restaraunt owner here in town who thought he would "school me" with his Z06.

Comment

Originally posted by E30RedtopSR View Post
                S54 similar weight to sr20? put down the pipe son.

400 rwhp on stock internals or "long motor" as you call it would be temporary. I can gaurantee you would lose your head gasket (stock) in like 3 seconds.

WTF is alu deck? Jibberish.

s13 s14 s15 all the same, 14 and 15 have vario cam timing.

1.5 bar is well over 21 psi. and a six speed? please.

Just from your comments i can tell you have never been around these engines.

Turbo m10? 2 valve head, analog fuel injection, goodness.

Fall off after 140? not mine kid. not mine. Ask the restaraunt owner here in town who thought he would "school me" with his Z06.
                I stay away from sr's because they are low grade junkyard scrap. Same for the chassis they came and most chassis taking them as "upgrades"

My experience driving/ tracking modified bpu s15 swap'ed s14 and sr20 blacktop swapped s13 taught me enough; sr is boring unless built to the hilt. Waste of money to go there, I'd rather buy a Hyundai with a rwd 4g63 variant.

Oem side mount inter cooler is garbage setting, so is the oil filter
                Under intake manifold.

One nice thing about it though; the igniter chip is reliable - shared with Subaru Japan spec ej20 early. POWER FC is also easy to tune for sr20

1.5 bar is 1.5 x. 14.1 psi. A healthy s15 sr20 engine t28 will take it ( who knows how long ), the 6 speed will also if you are not drifting.

Your e30 chassis is probably not setup to handle over 140mph happily, Even if you have some wuuunder jap motor running a giant turbine. Even if. 140-150 is sustainable, can it keep going to 170mph OVER for extended time?

Most Japanese 4 cylinder lumps have issues running for extended top end intervals; there is no need for this kind of development for domestic consumers.

There are plenty of overboosted sr's, they will last at max 400rwhp stock long motor, in the same way a stock long motor 2jz does 900rwhp.

Not long.

Have you weighed a turbo+ inter cooler+manifold etc? It's a decent amount of weight. Turbo setup weight can be = a cylinder or two. Turbines mostly sit on top, weight center is bumped upwards.

Ca18det is similar to sr20det in weight although iron deck ( block ). The sr is not the lightest.

Unless cammed and worked Sr20 falls on its face with stock valve train on top end compared to a nice high rpm ( ITB) engine like an RB26 or S54.

It's the truth- sr20's are known like rocker arm stoppers for a reason, kill rod bearings often also.

Not the most durable jap crap avail-I'd prefer a more durable Toyota lump.

Comment

What ever you do don't rid of that pretty blue e30
                  Originally posted by devon.818
                  low key i actually paid attention to the drifting...then saw bouncing tits and went :o
                  Originally posted by devon.818
                  as for a 4hr boner...idk, start using it for things; cup holder, dial the phone, type with it, fix things, diagnose the e30, probe random shit...
                  Originally posted by Mercury[BKM]
                  ...because Machine Gun

Comment

umm rb26's dont have itb's...

Comment

LS1 /end thread.

compact yes
                      light yes
                      cheap yes
                      reliable yes
                      simple yes
                      plenty of potential for more power yes
                      good sounding yes
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Supercharged s52.... brace yourself.
                        My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                          umm rb26's dont have itb's...
                          It's itb+twin turbo from the factory.

Comment

It's itb+twin turbo from the factory.
                            I know what a rb26 is... I did own two s13's b4 I had e30's. however i didnt know they came with a stock ITB set up. Its moreless like 3 TB's.

BTW , with small headwork the sr is capable of high rev's with a powerband.
                            All and all the sr isnt a bad engine, most ppl dont like it for the fact every 240 owner has one. Personally Id stock with a ka and boost it.

Comment

cammed s50, euro HFM, headers, tune and your good to go. don't forget to match a ZF to that.
                              1972 2002Tii

Comment

yup cuz we all know 170mph is a sensible speed to travel on public roads for an extended period of time. This is a real measure of a street cars performance.

You are so right about everything. And thank you for the math lesson.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

End.

Comment

Working...
                                X