Nissan Leaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
    Driving in absolute silence except for wind noise would bother me.

No REAL exhaust sound, no care.
    Sound racer.

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
      Hydrogen cells are the future. Just a matter of time.
      Yeah, in imagination land.

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
      keep buying them people, so my gas is cheaper
      +1. It won't take long.
      Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post
      No concern for the blind

Question: why the hell don't the electric motors have transmissions? 2 or 3 more gears could really help extend the range on those suckers
      Antonov's 3-speed transmission for electric vehicles boosts efficiency by 15 percent
      Electric vehicles have been a reality for more than 100 years, but it's only in the last decade or so that the world has truly woken up to their potential as a viable, cleaner urban transport alternative to their combustion engined cousins. During this EV renaissance much of the focus has been on…

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
        Yeah, in imagination land.

+1. It won't take long.

Antonov's 3-speed transmission for electric vehicles boosts efficiency by 15 percent
        Electric vehicles have been a reality for more than 100 years, but it's only in the last decade or so that the world has truly woken up to their potential as a viable, cleaner urban transport alternative to their combustion engined cousins. During this EV renaissance much of the focus has been on…

I've been researching electric motors to do a conversion, and I can tell you that the efficiency does vary a bit from motor to motor, and it's not distributed the same way. There are several styles of rotor and stator combinations.
        That 15% is a peak number, and even if most of the time it doesn't subtract from total eff% where the motor is hitting the 90+% efficiency range (which is usually a broad flat area in the middle of the rpm band), I'll maintain my opinion that it's 100lbs, parts, and $$ that I don't need added in there.

next time you drive your e30, get it in 4th. that's 1:1 ratio. now imagine if you had that same torque from a stop, it just kept pulling at a solid pace until 60.
        If it's that hard to imagine, the Tesla roadster is in the new Foraza 4 game. It's amazing to compare it to the other cars.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
          the Tesla roadster is in the new Foraza 4 game. It's amazing to compare it to the other cars.
          Oh.. cool! I'll have to try that.

Tesla actually opened a store at my local mall this weekend. It's supposed to be techy-cool.

Comment

Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post
            not that I was seriously backing the whole 'think about the blind' thing but that is an asinine question...do you drive here in america? the majority of drivers have enough trouble staying in the lines and maintaining speed while browsing facebook on their phones. furthermore, a common driver's first thought at seeing the (blind) person mistakenly walking into traffic would likely be "What the hell, is that asshole blind?!" and buzz right pass him/her
            So theoretically we should be changing our drivers, not our cars. How about proper efficient driving training and proper rules of the road training?
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
              If it's that hard to imagine, the Tesla roadster is in the new Foraza 4 game.
              The Leaf is in the game too. It can go 90 mph in reverse and switch directions without shifting. Makes for awesome J turns when you're playing cat and mouse.

Comment

I have a customer with both the leaf and a tesla roadster. They are pretty cool cars and make sense for 90% of most driving most people do. I would drive one if it was given to me, but id would put it on some IE3's, IS lip and some BBS RS's.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                  So theoretically we should be changing our drivers, not our cars. How about proper efficient driving training and proper rules of the road training?
                  These "trainings", or driving schools, are mandatory in all countries (and challenging too -- it's close to impossible to get a license on your first try), except the US. I couldn't believe I just had to show I could drive an automatic car for 5 minutes to get my license in Indiana.

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                  2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                    that and a massive population culling
                    BRUTE

Comment

I'm in for a nuclear apocalypse.

EDIT: Nuclear's not good. Or any other kind where death can spread through air. Zombie apocalypse! That's it
                      Last edited by Conki; 11-08-2011, 10:22 AM.

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                      2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

I'm fairly certain the ADA is requiring EVs to make noise in the future. The Fisker Karma produces a low, and varying frequency hum while it drives at low speeds. It sounds like an effing space ship. It was pretty awesome. The guy at the dealer said they did it for ADA standards.

I'm fairly certain the Fisker has a two speed rear diff too.

The technology in that car is amazing, but it lacked the interior luxury and "ooh ahh" factor that I'd expect in a $109,000 car.
                        Originally posted by Gruelius
                        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I want my electric car to sound like the Jettsons!

Comment

Working...
                          X