No announcement yet.

R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I actually have 2 good friends at Emory and Vandy. They both like their schools a lot.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
      How many of you guys plan on finishing in 5 years?
      I've pretty much come to realize that I'll be around for 5 years due to me figuring out my path.
      I'm on the 5 year plan. Well actually 4.5 but then I YOLO'd and am making it 5.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        I'm on the 5 year plan. Well actually 4.5 but then I YOLO'd and am making it 5.
        where u at?

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

where u at?
          csulb
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

for everyone over 4 years (except freeride) is it because you had trouble getting into classes? or was it for something else?

Just curious if schools are super backed up or not
            '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
              for everyone over 4 years (except freeride) is it because you had trouble getting into classes? or was it for something else?

I took over 4 years for undergrad because I was not the best student m freshmen year and had to repeat parts of that year. I also changed my major from engineering to business and back (resulting in a business minor) when I was a sophomore.
              2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post

I think it has more to do with class selection lining up with your schedule. I have one bogus communication class I still have to take to satisfy my requirements that's not available until spring.....then I'll be done. Until then it's electives for daaaaaayyysss......
                sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

I will be graduating in May(knock on wood) after taking 9 full term semesters and 1 summer of classes. Reason I did not get done in 8 is: Transferred schools (lost some credits), and switched my major (have a shit ton of irrelevant/impractical credits).

My advice to guys starting out: 1st year get all of the gen eds you have to take out of the way (ie classes you're gonna have to take regardless of major). This way if you decide to switch your major you won't have a handful of classes that are worth nothing towards your major (aside from trivial knowledge).

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                  Sounds like you need a massage.
                  Originally posted by kpeng
                  Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexHale View Post
                    Are there any mercer, Emory, Vanderbilt or NYU students on here??
                    I know people who go to Emory, Mercer, and NYU, but no one at Vandy. One Emory guy goes to the Oxford college the other one just goes to regular Emory. He's on the swim team. Both of them like it.

Comment

Since I switched from the pure Economics major to International Studies-Economics in order to get a more global-scope to my major, I found out I had to take one more lower-division course lol, "Market Imperfections & Policy".

Since I was wait-listed for my Product Management & Marketing class, decided to take it this quarter.

My fall is now:

INTL 101 (International Studies) 1/3 needed for major
                      POLI 142L (Insurgency & Terrorism) 1/3 needed for secondary track in Poli Sci
                      ECON 2 (Market Imperfections & Policy) last lower-div needed for major
                      HINE 126 (Iranian Revolution in Historical POV) Regional Spec GE needed for college

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

My fall is now:

HINE 126 (Iranian Revolution in Historical POV)
                        I wish my school had Iranian classes, I would love to learn how to read and write Farsi (I can only speak it).

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
                          I wish my school had Iranian classes, I would love to learn how to read and write Farsi (I can only speak it).
                          Haha all with location, I guess.
                          Spring quarter of freshman year I took an "intermediate persian heritage" class which taught me how to read and write (like a grade school kid) in one quarter.
                          It still takes me like 10 mins to read a page (haven't practiced since then lol) but it still feels cool to be able to read farsi.

best part - 1 quarter of this class knocked out the 4 quarter foreign language requirement at my school :p

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Haha all with location, I guess.
                            Spring quarter of freshman year I took an "intermediate persian heritage" class which taught me how to read and write (like a grade school kid) in one quarter.
                            It still takes me like 10 mins to read a page (haven't practiced since then lol) but it still feels cool to be able to read farsi.

best part - 1 quarter of this class knocked out the 4 quarter foreign language requirement at my school :p
                            That's awesome. You're right about location. There are no brown people in Statesboro Ga.

Comment

Any CSU Chico students here? Located in Chico, CA north of Sac?

I am a business student currently.....

Comment

Originally posted by DarkLordFreeman View Post
                                Any CSU Chico students here? Located in Chico, CA north of Sac?

I am a business student currently.....
                                i was up for the float last year...shit was dope except for that dude from contra costa od'ing and drowning

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X