No announcement yet.

R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ what are you studying? and where at? i remember you being in sd once?..

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I lived in Temecula for awhile and the gf is going into biomedical engineering which kind of limits the amount of schools we can try and transfer to so we were looking at UCSD. Pretty sure I asked about the school in here before. Im at Casper College right now. Its a community college but im transferring to UWyo this fall because me and the gf are tired of being long distance (2 years is plenty). Im majoring in EE. In state tuition in Wyo is extremely cheap but its the living that isnt. and im worried that when it comes time to transfer to an out of state school ill have no choice but to take out loans. im clueless as to why Im getting denied for these. Maybe my hate for english led to a shitty essay.. idk.

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
        I lived in Temecula for awhile and the gf is going into biomedical engineering which kind of limits the amount of schools we can try and transfer to so we were looking at UCSD. Pretty sure I asked about the school in here before. Im at Casper College right now. Its a community college but im transferring to UWyo this fall because me and the gf are tired of being long distance (2 years is plenty). Im majoring in EE. In state tuition in Wyo is extremely cheap but its the living that isnt. and im worried that when it comes time to transfer to an out of state school ill have no choice but to take out loans. im clueless as to why Im getting denied for these. Maybe my hate for english led to a shitty essay.. idk.
        Right on bro. You normally never would hear this from a UCSD student, but you would have 10x better chances of employment out of Cal Poly SLO, for ex, than you have at ucsd. UCSD (like most uc's) is a research school that emphasizes theory in everything. Our top state schools and privates emphasize application in everything.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Last day or mfing class today!!
          Finals on Tuesday and Thursday (macro econ, geo-statistics) then done.
          1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
          2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
          <<Flickr>>

Comment

Just locked up my thesis project for next year, and decided i'll take my elective as a full year of german!

Originally posted by 325i View Post
            Last day or mfing class today!!
            Finals on Tuesday and Thursday (macro econ, geo-statistics) then done.
            Done done? as in grad? congrats!
            1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
            1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
            1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
            My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              Right on bro. You normally never would hear this from a UCSD student, but you would have 10x better chances of employment out of Cal Poly SLO, for ex, than you have at ucsd. UCSD (like most uc's) is a research school that emphasizes theory in everything. Our top state schools and privates emphasize application in everything.

Thanks man! Ill definitely check into it.

Math exam tomorrow. Physics exam friday. Math final monday. Physics final tuesday.

Comment

Last week was complete hell Calc 2, physics 1, and matlab programming final exam the first day of final exams. Had 2 days to recap EVERYTHING I've learned all semester in those classes. Studied my ass off that weekend because I had so many borderline A's. But in the end I succeeded! Another 4.0 for this semester.

Comment

Right on Saam! Just finished all my midterms last Friday - Econ, History, Investment banking, Political Economy.
                  Beach all weekend. Beach this week. Juicy J, Diplo, Joey Badass, etc.. coming to school on Friday. Saturday Bimmerfest.

Woooooooooooooo school. :D

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I am only worried about my precal final cause it is the difference between an A and B. Possibly a C If I do hoorriibblllee.

It seems like no matter if I try really hard or hardly try much at all I still end up with B's and A's

Comment

Two easy finals stand between me and my degree. Graduating is bitter-sweet, but I am still very stoked and ready to start working in the real world.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Is it sad that I kind of miss finals? I was so ready to leave until that last week before graduating...then it all disappeared so fast. Work is work. If you're lucky, you'll make enough to be comfortable but have no time or energy to do what you do now on the daily.

I sincerely miss college girls too...shit.
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          Is it sad that I kind of miss finals? I was so ready to leave until that last week before graduating...then it all disappeared so fast. Work is work. If you're lucky, you'll make enough to be comfortable but have no time or energy to do what you do now on the daily.

I sincerely miss college girls too...shit.
                          lol where did you go/what did you study? i agree with the latter of your statements but not the former.... although i do enjoy research papers. which is why i chose to study int'l studies: poli sci/econ with the minor in finance.

spring quarter is the worst cause they're wearing less and the beach is a block away

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Finished my last final this morning. Been packing and enjoying a few brews. I check out of my dorm tomorrow morning for the drive home.

Now a 318ti

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              lol where did you go/what did you study? i agree with the latter of your statements but not the former.... although i do enjoy research papers. which is why i chose to study int'l studies: poli sci/econ with the minor in finance.

spring quarter is the worst cause they're wearing less and the beach is a block away
                              I did international studies with a focus in European stuff at UCLA. Graduated in 2012 but it feels forever ago..just turned 24 and i'm doing that cubicle thing. Started at $45k/yr and am living well within my means, but am bored and tired. 40/week tires you out.
                              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                                I did international studies with a focus in European stuff at UCLA. Graduated in 2012 but it feels forever ago..just turned 24 and i'm doing that cubicle thing. Started at $45k/yr and am living well within my means, but am bored and tired. 40/week tires you out.
                                Hey...UC International Studies major represent :woowoo:

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X