Replacing US License Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing US License Plates

I remember a while back, Japandrew got a Californian license plate replica, since his old one was weathered. My CA plate is in terrible shape, all faded and cracked. I'm trying to replace it with one of those late 80s, early 90s Golden state style plates with my original plate #. Anyone know where to go?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Similar topic but if you ever lose one of your plates, never report that you lost it, you'll have fees to pay out the shabang, just report it stolen.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

AFAIK, In MI it is illegal to run any plate that isn't the current generation, unless your car qualifys for a historic plate. (25yr or older) meaning you can't just get a replica classic blue one ( or even older generation plates) with your # on it, and have it on your car.

Comment

There was a company I remember, never got anything from them but I saw an ad somewhere. Goog create a plate, I think that was their name.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
          AFAIK, In MI it is illegal to run any plate that isn't the current generation, unless your car qualifys for a historic plate. (25yr or older) meaning you can't just get a replica classic blue one ( or even older generation plates) with your # on it, and have it on your car.
          The plate I think he is referring to is of similar age to our cars. It's not the blue one, but rather a white one with a sunshine pattern IIRC. My parents 1987 (maybe 89) VW van had one.

Edit this one, right:

1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

What your wanting to do is illegal, not that I could care less but a cop might if they were looking for something to get on you. Not sure if you can get replacement plates from the DMV with your existing number or not but that is where I would go first.
            sigpic

Comment

Find an old plate that you like, then go to the dmv and order a "personal plate" with that number. Hot rod guys do this all the time.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                Similar topic but if you ever lose one of your plates, never report that you lost it, you'll have fees to pay out the shabang, just report it stolen.
                NOt true. They just replace it with a new one and you surrender your old one.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                ---------------------------------
                89 E30 S52
                ---------------------------------
                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
                  You make no sense my friend, did you even read what he wrote.
                  harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

^

That's the place I was talking about!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
                        What your wanting to do is illegal, not that I could care less but a cop might if they were looking for something to get on you. Not sure if you can get replacement plates from the DMV with your existing number or not but that is where I would go first.
                        I see where you're coming from. However, if it is made from the same material, same era, and same plate number how would they ever be able to tell?
                        I DO have the "old" california state plate, but in our state, you can run all old plate styles as long as you like....

And yeah Ben, that's the exact one.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                          You make no sense my friend, did you even read what he wrote.
                          All of his posts are that way...
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
                            oh hey, let me return my lost plate. but wait shit I left it somewhere can't find it, damn it guess no replacement for me.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
                              What your wanting to do is illegal
                              so is putting anything "euro specs" on your car.

I was thinking too, how would they know if it was a good replica?

Comment

Working...
                              X